There are several hotels in Nadi, including Raffles, which offer day rates for those not spending the night. My flight departed at 10pm, so I decided to relax and refresh after arriving early from
Savusavu. I chose the Aquarius because it was nearby the airport, and on the beach.
Check in is normally 2pm, and the day rate ends at 4pm. I wanted to leave about 6pm, so I
paid 100 % (versus 80% day rate) plus 3.6 percent hotel charge for using Visa, plus regular foreign transaction fee plus $14 Fiji Dollar for return taxi to airport. I booked the deluxe room with ocean view and private balcony. The room was clean and comfortable, but the noise from downstairs kitchen and bar (music)was distracting while trying to take a nap. I liked the diverse group of people staying at the Aquarius (some in hostel rooms). I don't know if this is typical, but when I was there (30 June 2014) the ocean was not was I was expecting. It is less than knee depth and had no clarity (muddy brown color). There is a travel agent desk just outside the hotel, so snorkel/dive trips can be booked. It looks like there's a very large construction project going on in an adjacent property. I rated the Aquarius 'very good' because of the location and attractiveness of the property, but I would not stay there more than a night because of the noise even when uncrowded, and the ocean conditions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nadi's Hidden Gem! Nestled right on Nadi's Wailoaloa Beach, Aquarius On The Beach is a small, family-owned boutique hotel where we make every guest feel special. A mere 12 minute drive from Nadi International Airport, Aquarius On The Beach offers something for everyone. Enjoy our refreshing fresh water swimming pool or dine in our widely acclaimed restaurant where the menu offers both variety and value. Enjoy quality wine at sunset on the private balconies of our ocean view rooms or read your novel in the privacy of your deluxe or standard room balcony, or enjoy the air conditioned comfort and cleanliness of our dormitory rooms. With all of our rooms, you are getting one of the best values in Nadi - Beachfront at a budget price! Our Tour Desk can help organise your entire stay in Fiji, giving you choices that fit your needs and budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Aquarius On The Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquarius On The Beach Hotel Nadi
- Aquarius On The Beach Fiji/Nadi