“My 19 month old got flea bites from his cot!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Novotel Nadi
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Namaka Hill | Votualevu, Nadi, Viti Levu, Fiji   |
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Nadi
Melbourne, Australia
“My 19 month old got flea bites from his cot!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

Thank god we only stayed here one night, and i can't believe we paid over $200 Australian to do so. Our flight to fiji was cancelled so we had to leave a day earlier and as the resort we were staying at were booked out they suggested we stay at the Novotel.
Well what a disaster that was. We had a booking for a delux room, a the standerd would not fit the 4 of us in. We arrived around 5 pm (with a 3 year old and 18 month old). Checked in. You would think they would have our room ready. No.
I had to request a cot 3 times, my son was tired from the flight over. It was not unitil about 8.30 - 9.00 pm that we finally got one. I also had to ring to get someone to make the bed for my daughter who was on the sofa bed (don't really have a problem with that, but you would think that if 4 people were checking into a room with only one bed in it, that the fold out bed might need to be made up!)
Anyway as we were tired from our flight, we got room service for dinner, which took over an hour to arrive and was stone cold, and just horrible. Try explaining to a 3 year old and 18 month old why their food had not arrive.
The next morning was no better. My son woke up with flea bites all over his back!!!! Trying to check out was hopeless. It took a porter over 30 mins to collect our backs, our transfers to the next resort had arrived and we were still waiting. My husband eventually bought over half our luggage before anyone arrive.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
NovotelNadi, General Manager at Novotel Nadi, responded to this review, June 30, 2010
Bula Sonniemb

Thank you for choosing Novotel Nadi, and again for providing this feedack.

I was disappointed to read of your experience, the lack of organisation of your room requirements on arrival is a strong indication of a breakdown of process, and I have reviewed this with the relevant managers to ensure this does not reoccur.

In relation to your sons bites, I apologise for this, we have had the room thoroughly investigated by our pest controller, I am happy to confirm there are no fleas. In Fiji, there are many bugs and insects, and while we do have a very comprehensive pest control program in place, the occaisional mosquito is found, I would expect these would be the cause. Still, the experience is unacceptable no less, and we have scheduled additional mosquito controls around the block of rooms you stayed in.

I also apologise you experienced some slow service, in Fiji, life moves a little slower, generally we ask guests to call ahead to reception and give us some notice on porterage requirements, particularly in the peak of tourist season as the hotel is extremely busy. However this may not be obvious to our guests and we are looking to ways to better inform of this. Your comments regarding the food service are alarming and I am following this up immediately.

So thank you again for providing these comments, it surely assists us in continually imporving our services, we hope to see you back in Fiji some day soon.

Lee Pearce

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Polish first
New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

I truly cannot see what all the complaints posted on this hotel are about. We stayed in a standard room with 1 x Queen & 1 x double as an overnight stopover on our way to Coral Coast. Arrived later in the evening and were able to get a lovely meal in the restaurant. Next morning, breakfast was what you would expect from a hotel buffet in a beautiful setting watching the sun rise over the Sleeping Giant ranges. Went for a stroll in the gardens and admired the pool and golf course. I could quite happily have spent a few days here whilst exploring the Nadi area. The service was certainly more friendly and genuine than we experienced at the Sofitel later in the week. Tour desk organised a last minute transfer to Coral Coast for us with absolutely NO FUSS and our stay was most pleasant. People really should learn to Get Over minor details and enjoy the place they are in. Our son had great fun chasing toads around the lawns!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Bula Tez823

Thank you for choosing Novotel Nadi, and again for providing this feed back.

I was delighted to read of your experience at the hotel, it is wonderful to recieve positive feed back. I have printed your comments and shared them with the entire team.

Thank you again and we hope to see you back in Fiji sometime soon.

Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights as an extended stopover on our way to LA. They allowed us a super early check- in at 7am, so was very happy bout that. The room itself was nice, comfy bed and a small flat screen tv, but the bathroom was worn and shabby, as were the towels. Also, layout of the room was strange with the basin in the bedroom, seperated by wooden
blinds, while the shower and toilet were in their own room?!?
Do not eat at the hotel; the food was truly awful. After trying it twice, I had to go out and get something to eat from elsewhere, not sure how they managed to stuff up a ceaser salad! Based on someone else on here's reccpmmendation, we got a short taxi ride to Mama's pizza which was bout 5 mins away, and food was really yummy and cheap, so worth the cab ride - we ate there twice! Location of the hotel was good for us as we wanted to be near the airport, but not sure that it would work for most ppl as it's quite far from town ( about a $12 fjd cab ride)

• Stayed June 2010
NovotelNadi, General Manager at Novotel Nadi, responded to this review, June 27, 2010
Bula Pinkrose22pink

Thank you for chosing Novotel Nadi during your visit to Fiji, and thank you again for posting this feed back.

I was disappointed to read of your unsatisfactory experience with our food. I am addressing this immediately with the Chef. We are just in the process of designing our new menu, and we will be ensuring all staff are fully trained on the preparation of all dishes, and that our quality does not waiver from our usual high standards.

I truely hope you enjoyed the remainer or your trip to Fiji.

Adelaide
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

We stayed at the Novotel for a one night stop over at the beginning of our 8 day isalnd hopping. We were tired from our flight and just wanted a good meal and sleep but did not get this. The resort grounds look very nice, great views of the garden and hills. Our room was tastefully decorated however it had an awful musty damp smell, could have been due to the rain. The air conditioner was very loud which made it difficult to sleep through. When we turned off the air conditioner for peace and quiet, we then heard the loud noise from the fridge. The beds looks nice but were very hard and uncomfortable.

The restaurant staff were very friendly, but the service was extremely slow. We were asked to wait at the bar and have a few drinks while our table would get ready. We waited at the bar for 30 minutes for a table and the restaurant was not busy at that time. We were asked by bar staff if we wanted another drink, however we were hungry and did not want to drink all night without food. We saw many free tables with plates which had not been cleaned up. I asked the bar staff if we could sit at a table as we were hungry and tired. He pointed out a table and asked the waitress to clean the table for us. 20 minutes had passed and our table had not been cleaned so I ended up clearing the dishes from our table and gave them to the bar staff. After that the waitress cleaned our table and we finally got to place our order as we were starving by that time. I was so disappointed with the food, I ordered pizza and it tasted like frozen pizza from a supermarket. It was the worst food I had in Fiji and the price was not worth it. I would not recommend eating at the Novotel. Mammas Pizza in Nadi and Denaru have delicious pizza’s the servings are huge and its so cheap.

The good thing about the long wait was the music, the guys playing the guitar were really great. They even allowed us to take a photo holding the guitar with them and attempt at plyaing it.

Unfortunately the Novotel Nadi food, service and room is not up to the same standards as Novotel’s in Australia. We stayed at some absolutely amazing resorts during our holiday in Fiji. In future if we need to stay a night before our island hoping we will stay in Denaru, there are great resorts there (Westin) and its not far from the airport at all, close to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
NovotelNadi, General Manager at Novotel Nadi, responded to this review, June 18, 2010
Bula NikkieGAdelaide

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feed back on our hotel, I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations.

I have taken all the issues you raised and addressed them individually with our management team. We were all dissappointed you did not enjoy your stay, and we are all committed to working to ensure these issues are not experienced by future guests.

I am glad you enjoyed our entertainers, if not the service and meal, however the Chef and restaurant manager are utilising this feedback as the basis of our staff training going forward.

Sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

My sister stayed at the Novotel Room 605 en route to the Pearl Resort on Friday 5th June 2010. The booking was mixed up pre arrival between Flight Centre in Melbourne & the Novotel. Upon arrival the room was extremely filthy, cockroaches in the room & mould over the whole bathroom area. This was indeed a truly disgraceful way to enter such a beautiful island. The staff were pleasant although quite hassled as a rugby team was due to book in that afternoon. Guys, clean up your act & encourage people to come to a hidden gem we know as Fiji!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
NovotelNadi, General Manager at Novotel Nadi, responded to this review, June 10, 2010
Bula Rosiemar59

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us this feed back, I apologise that your trip to Fiji was tainted by your experience here.

I have met with the team here in the hotel to discuss your comments, we do have a very vigorous pest control program in place, and the hotel rooms and grounds are continually controlled for pest. I apologise thats there were bugs in your room and we are taking further measures to correct this.

Below par cleanliness is totally unacceptable and we have addressed this issue immediately.

Thank you again for allowing us to follow this up.

Nadi, Fiji
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

I stayed at Novotel on my way back thru from Cairns. I booked a suite, which was nothing more than an upstairs room with a king bed instead of 2 doubles.The ceiling is vaulted a bit but other than that, the same as a standard room.One word describes it, boring.If u are looking for a very quiet place where every day feels like a Sunday, with average service, Then Novotel Nadi is the place for u. Also the location could be bad for tourists relying on taxis, thankfully i had my car there and could get out to Denarau for dinner.I wont stay there again, unless i have to..just average and boring.A good stopover, being close to the airport if al uneed is a bed for a night.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
NovotelNadi, General Manager at Novotel Nadi, responded to this review, August 10, 2010
Bula Kaivalange

Firstly, I apologise I havent responded sooner to your feed back, Im am not sure why this hasnt appeared to me before.

Secondly, thank you for taking the time to write about us. I am glad we were able to satisfy your requirements, and yes, all the Fiji hotels do have differing facilities and cater to differing markets. We find, that generally during the day, most of our guests are out on tours and experiencing Fiji, its not a flop by the pool hotel like many others. I guess the upside is there is always a sun lounge available and a chance to relax!!

Thanks again, and we really hope to see you back in Fiji sometime soon.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

My wife and i stay at the Novotel Nadi as this is where we stay when going to the island resorts when transiting.
It is a great place to stay when wanting to do some of the activeties provided on the main island i.e cave trip, long boat village trip, jet boat trip (including a village trip).
The accomodation there is very good, clean and well serviced. The rooms from the balcony is fantastic looking out towards the mountains, across the 9 hole golf course and fields of sugar cane. In the mornings you can see the families walking along the road to school.
The food is very good and the staff are friendly and most helpfull.
Activeties there include a nine hole golf course and they provide a basic set of clubs. They have a large half olymic size pool and a tennis court.
If you would like to go to Nadi town it is an inexpensive taxi ride into town. You can barter with the taxi driver the price.
My wife and i love to stay at the Novotel when transitting as it has a speacial feeling of "just arrived in a Fiji paradise" and gives us a day or so to wind down prior to going to the resort islands.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Bula WOW49

Thank you for posting this feed back, Im so glad you enjoy your visits here, you sound like Fiji veterans!!

We really hope to see you again some time in the not to distant future.

Lee Pearce

Been to Novotel Nadi? Share your experiences!