“Good one nighter” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Nadi
Legana, Tasmania, Australia
“Good one nighter”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Ok to stay one night but they take a bond of $100.00 per night on c/c will be interesting to see how long it's takes to credit back as they don't have to knowledge to do it themselves
We stayed on our way to coral coast pretty sure we wouldn't stay again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tanoahoteltih, General Manager at Tanoa International Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Bula Angela R

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

The CC Pre-Auth is standard practice in many hotels globally. I do trust that the rest of your stay in Fiji was enjoyable.

Tanoa International Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

We arrived here only to find out we had actually booked into their sister hotel, another 30mins away. The lady at reception was very helpful & got our booking changed over to this hotel, we even got an upgrade to an executive suite! An unexpected surprise as we were only staying 1 night.
Buffet dinner was Indian, great curries, roti made fresh in front of your eyes & a great variety of desserts to chose from. At $28 Fijian it was definitely value for money.
We had our breakfast delivered to our room & were very impressed with the quality & service.
Wish we had more time to enjoy the facilities. Great location, only 5 mins to the airport & the free transfer was there almost as soon as we asked for it.
Highly recommended, we will definitely stay here for any future trips.
Josh & Ella.

• Stayed September 2013
Bula Josh B

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

It is always pleasing to hear that we not only met, but exceeded your expectations.

I do hope we can welcome you back to Fiji in the future.

Tauranga, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed here for a night on arrival in Fiji and a night prior to departure due to the timing of transfers to Mana Island. We were travelling with our 2 & 8 year old and therefore our travel agent had noted on our booking that we would require a cot. On arrivel our check in experience was slow as not very friendly. We were given a room some distance from the main area which was nice and quiet and the room was clean and standard but no cot, I phoned reception and was told they would sort it, so we went to explore the pool before dinner. After our meal we returned to find still no cot so a second call to reception was placed and finally about 8pm a portacot arrived which of course by this time I had an overtired toddler. And to top it off the beds were uncomfortable, the pillows too fat and we had roll together so my partner had to sleep in the other double bed with our son.
On our final night stay I checked that a cot had been organised at check in and they looked blankly at me and said it had, get to the room (which thankfully was closer this time), the gentleman took our bags into the room and oh my was extremely bad body odour, I had to open all the windows and air the place out after he left. And guess what?? NO COT and only two towels for four of us. Went for a swim, NO COT, went to dinner which was extremely bad quality, they had raw meat in the server things, along with salads and desserts, you picked the meat to send to the kitchen for cooking, our son's chicken came back under cooked and my partner and I ended up with runny tummy's a a result but when we advised them no one gave a damn. Back at our room NO COT, rang and spoke to a manager and made a complaint re the towels and cot and finally 1/2 to 3/4 later we got a cot and towels. Absolutely appauling, if a room is booked for 4 then there should be sufficient towels, hand towels and flannels and we booked ages before staying so there is no excuse for not having a cot in our room for arrival. I notice the Manager responds to feedback on here but why were our issues etc not addressed at the time, its a little late after the event.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bula DebbieO1759MM

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

It is highly disappointing to read that the hotel did not meet your expectations. I have discussed your comments with the relevant Managers at the hotel.

I do apologise for this.

Christchurch, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed here not by our choice, its ok for a one nighter but any longer and we would be bored as!
Staff weren't as friendly and helpful as other places we stay at in Fiji.
The room was ok and suited us for our needs, other than that it felt like any other hotel in the world.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tanoahoteltih, General Manager at Tanoa International Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Bula BusaBiker

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I take it from your remarks "We stayed here not by our choice" that perhaps your flight was delayed?

I will discuss your comments with the hotel team, in particular that you did not find the team as friendly as else where in Fiji. I do apologise for this.

Auckland, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have stayed here before and not had a bad time. This last experience was not so good, but perhaps just a bad day and not symptomatic. I arrived at 7.20 pm and had to wait 40 minutes for a room (it is the busy season). My room had an adjoining room and the people next door talked for a lot of the evening and the noise could easily be heard by me i.e. the sound proofing was poor (of course most people sleep during the night so this would not normally be a problem).

The staff were friendly so that was a big plus. The room was in good condition though lighting is weak (to save on electricity).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Bula Matthew A

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I do apologise for the delay in you checking in. This is understandably frustrating, and I will discuss with the team.

It is pleasing to read however that you found the team to be very friendly.

If you could drop me an email via gm.tih@tanoahotels.com to advise what room you stayed in, so I can look into the noise issue, I would greatly appreciate it.

I do hope we can welcome you back to Fiji in the future.

Christchurch
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed at the Tanoa Hotel Nadi one night, because we were arriving from the airport at aroung 6pm and did not want to hit the road by car to Suva at night.
The stay was very pleasant, we choose to dine at the Radisson Blue which was just perfect, and we had breakfast at the hotel on sunday morning.
Breakfast buffet is just perfect and a very enjoyable moment.
The room was clean, bedding was fine and the night in general was excellent and we had a good rest.
We would recommend this hotel as an interesting alternative of the Raffles opposite the airport and quite a bit more expensive than the Tanoa.
Hotel staff is very polite and customer orientated.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tanoahoteltih, General Manager at Tanoa International Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Bula Papalagi

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

It is always nice to receive such positive feedback as yours, particularly about the team at the hotel.

Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

I only needed a room here for 6 hours, transiting through Fiji. Got booked in here by travel agent and pleasantly surprised by the rooms, location and deco. Friendly enough staff during check-in, and from what little interaction I had with them. Shuttle from airport is frequent enough, run by the hotel. Good for value. I did wish I was staying longer to have used some of the facilities but next time hopefully

• Stayed July 2013
Bula N4V

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

It is very pleasing to read that your, albeit short, stay at the hotel was enjoyable.

I do hope we can welcome you back to Fiji, for a longer stay, in the future.

Tanoa International Hotel

Been to Tanoa International Hotel? Share your experiences!