“Stay Away - Be Warned” 1 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Hexagon International Hotel, Villas & Spa

You added BEST WESTERN Hexagon International Hotel, Villas & Spa to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Hexagon International Hotel, Villas & Spa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Martintar Street, Nadi, Viti Levu, Fiji   |
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in Nadi
A TripAdvisor Member
“Stay Away - Be Warned”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2005

This place is a dive, a dump a hovel. In my years of travelling around the South Pacific / Australia and on occasions around Europe, this place I would say has to be the worst hotel I have ever had the displeasure to stay in. I would have not checked in, but it was raining, 10.30pm and I have my pregnant wife and 3 small children with us, along with a somewhat large amount of baggage. When I phoned the hotel for a price from NZ, and was told $50 per night, I asked is that for 2 adults and 3 small kids? 'Yes' was the reply I got. I phoned back 3 days before we arrived to check the price and the reservation. So I was stunned when I was told $75 when we checked in. I informed them of my telephone conversation, and was told, 'no cant have that many people in that room' the girl on reception did not give a hoot about what I had booked or what was quoted. If I had been told the price when I phoned, I would have gone elsewhere. So it was only $25 extra, who cares, but to me it was the principal, so I paid, without fuss or major upset.
Ten hours later when we checked out I saw a notice on the reception desk 'upgrade to a superior room with SKY TV for only $25' I asked the receptionist girl if I had such a room (I knew I did, she knew I did, so I was confirming the obvious), she agreed I did. I asked about the SKY TV, that I had paid extra for, her reply was 'my SKY was not working last night either' I told her that if I had paid extra for something and it had not been given to me, I would like compensation, she brushed me off saying that her SKY was off too, I said that I didn’t really care about her situation, I had paid for a service that I had not been given, anyway in the ensuing debate I said that I would be happy to leave a couple of bags a the hotel for a day instead of no SKY TV, 'YES' she said, that will be $5.00 per bag.
At this point in the conversation I told her what I thought of her establishment and service, the reply was 'we don’t care, we have plenty of clients'.
This motor inn has no customer service skills and I would not recommend it to anyone, ever, the floor of the local airport would be better than West’s.
Stay away at all costs, for your own sake.

• Stayed December 2004

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2005

I was booked into a standard room with my young daughter. When we arrived at our room it was very basic. The biggest worry was the windows which seemed very unsecure. My Daughter felt uncomfortable, so I went to reception and paid around $F15 extra and we were moved to a room by the pool.
This room was very nice and comfortable and we felt safe. We had a drink around 9.30 at night and the staff seemed friendly. Next morning we had breakfast which was good value for your money. The Staff did not seem to keen to interact with guests, but overall for the price and location I found West's to be satisfactory.

• Stayed September 2004
Sydney Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2005

This place is a dive, and is merely a place to sleep for 4 hours. They were really strict about check out time and kept calling and calling, which was really annoying on New Years Day morning.

• Stayed January 2005
Leicester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2005

Stayed in this place for about 12 hours whilst waiting for an onward flight. There seem to be two classes of rooms. If you get one nearer the front, by the pool, then would not be so bad (dont know the price). However, I got one of the rooms at the back of the hotel and I can tell you was pleased to escape even after that short time which cost 50 FJ $. The room I stayed in was painted white many many years ago, and although it claims it had air conidtioning the unit was barely working and so noisy it would have been impossible to sleep with it on. The room was very damp and dirty. The staff are not friendly there even though I saw more of them than actual customers. The fact I was thinking of changing hotels even though I was to stay there for hours gives you some impression of how dismal this room was .Overall, the hotel is old and run down. Nadi has many run down areas and I would recommend you make a small effort to get away to the more beautiful areas of fiji which are only minutes away. I would not recommend this hotel, even as a very short stopping point from/to the airport to some other part of fiji.

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2005

We went here for a couple of nights thinking that it was a gay owned and operator budget accommation in Nadi.... (It says so everywhere on the internet).

However - once we arrived, we had realised that this was no longer the case.

It was a bit of dank dive. It was in a pretty seedy area of town.
The room didn't feel very secure. We onlooked another building where we could see right through their bedroom and vice versa.

The pool was nice enough but the rooms.... ugh the rooms!

Don't bother.

• Stayed March 2005
Tweed Heads, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2004

Wests is a bit old and run-down, but is a cheap and reasonably comfortable stopover when flying into or out of Nadi. Food is decent enough, and (at time of writing) courtesy transport to/from Nadi airport is provided. Most staff are friendly and very helpful.

india
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2004

HI everyone

I was in this place for 5 days from 26 th to 2nd morning Oct. My first visit to Fifi. I Must say, it was lovely and homely at this hotel. Everyone here is friendly ,rooms excellent , food great and lovely ambience. I really loved my stay and would love to go again only to this hotel in Nadi.It is pity they dont have a massage club here.

Been to BEST WESTERN Hexagon International Hotel, Villas & Spa? Share your experiences!