The Sunset Resort was a true paradise in which my wife and i spent my holidays this year. within easy driving or riding distance from the main town and with a pleasant variety of nearby restaurants catering for a broad spctrum of tastes. the resort itself is self contained, has 2 swimming pools in addition to the warm sea, a brand new bar area and bistro and a fabulous garden displaying everything from native flowers to fruit trees for the guests to use in season. Despite the apparent size my stay there was very personal, the managers are brilliant fun and know all the best places to see and activities to try including some of the best value scuba diving i've ever encountered. the evenings are an event at the resort, with drink in hand everybody sits upon the beach watching the lazy sunsets.
Rarotonga offers a tourist friendly paradise that isn't overly built up and still retains all of its charm, i highly recommend a stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunset Resort is a 3.5 star property and is idyllically situated on the sheltered western side of the island only minutes from Avarua township. The secluded beachfront location provides guests with an unspoilt view of Rarotonga's crystal clear aqua blue lagoon and breathtaking sunsets. This personally managed, privately owned resort has an intimate atmosphere that will make every guest feel welcome and ensure they experience the magic of Rarotonga and its people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Sunset Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sunset Hotel Arorangi
- Sunset Hotel Arorangi
- Sunset Resort Rarotonga, Cook Islands