The good - clean, spacious rooms, where everything worked - including great air con! The water is filtered so you don't need to buy bottled. Nicely landscaped resort, great location. The sunsets are truly beautiful. Good snorkelling straight in front of the hotel.
The average - breakfast is pretty basic, and one of the pools was out of action when we were there.
The bad - sad to say, the staff. Some were great - very friendly and helpful, others seems more interested in sending text messages and talking to friends on the phone when they were attending to you at the desk. A couple of times we were told that they would do something for us, and then just never did, luckily we went back to check! I also encountered a very rude lady in the breakfast room a couple of times. She needs a bit of retraining on communication I think!
A note - I've seen in some of the more negative reviews complaints about the noise from the roosters and the dogs. This is not a Sunset Resort problem - this is the whole island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunset Resort is a 3.5 star property and is idyllically situated on the sheltered western side of the island only minutes from Avarua township. The secluded beachfront location provides guests with an unspoilt view of Rarotonga's crystal clear aqua blue lagoon and breathtaking sunsets. This personally managed, privately owned resort has an intimate atmosphere that will make every guest feel welcome and ensure they experience the magic of Rarotonga and its people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Sunset Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sunset Hotel Arorangi
- Sunset Hotel Arorangi
- Sunset Resort Rarotonga, Cook Islands