Stayed here for six nights and absolutely loved it! Kimi who picks you up from the airport is lots of fun, welcoming and vibrant. The flower lei she presented us with were the best we saw when compared with other resorts, smelt beautiful and made you feel very excited and welcome! We couldn't check in as our room wasn't ready, but they gave us a secure place to leave our bags and offered us a bottle of water. They also kept our alcoholic drinks in the fridge when we had to check out and wait around for our flight home.
Great location, close enough to town and everywhere else. Pretty good snorkeling right out the front.
All of the staff were ever so friendly and helpful.
We had a beachfront villa, a must do. We were very pleased with how spacious and clean it was, and very surprised that it had a full kitchen!!
Breakfast of fruit, toast, cereal etc was delicious. The passionfruit was to die for, and the bread tasted and looked home made!
Make sure you check your bill at the end of your stay. We were extremely careful not to charge anything to our room and paid up front every time, but there were charges for the Drum Beat Bar and also the restaurant on there. 110% confident it was inaccurate. Having said that, the lady at the desk was extremely polite about it and didn't dispute it, she amended the bill very quickly for us.
Cocktails are better at the drum beat bar than the restaurant, plus better range.
The restaurant isn't the best. Once again the staff very nice, but not the best food around. Go to Kikau Hut next door. Best restaurant ever!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunset Resort is a 3.5 star property and is idyllically situated on the sheltered western side of the island only minutes from Avarua township. The secluded beachfront location provides guests with an unspoilt view of Rarotonga's crystal clear aqua blue lagoon and breathtaking sunsets. This personally managed, privately owned resort has an intimate atmosphere that will make every guest feel welcome and ensure they experience the magic of Rarotonga and its people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Sunset Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sunset Hotel Arorangi
- Sunset Hotel Arorangi
- Sunset Resort Rarotonga, Cook Islands