We stayed in a beachfront apartment in mid April for 6 nights at the start of our 3 week holiday. The location was excellent it terms of the view, sunsets were amazing. Most activities were on the other side of the island so you travel to most things from here but that is easy when hiring a scooter. We hired scooter through the resort, bit of a mistake- upon investigation seems to be the most expensive on the island and scooters are in poor condition- we had 3 separate scooters throughout the stay as they regularly had issues.
The reception is only open from 8:30am- 5:30pm so if you need anything out of those times, which we did, forget it. The washing machine and dryer did not work properly, told the staff but they just kept giving us free tokens to try again eventually had to go to a friends neighboring resort to finish the washing.
The pools were great, room was nice, staff were generally pleasant. The worst part about our stay though was the soft spongy bed. We had a king size bed made of 2 single mattresses and one of the mattresses was clearly older than the other. We told the staff and they said they would flip the mattress for us, which did not happen, we did it ourselves in the end but it didn't help. My husband and i both ended with bad backs after that stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunset Resort is a 3.5 star property and is idyllically situated on the sheltered western side of the island only minutes from Avarua township. The secluded beachfront location provides guests with an unspoilt view of Rarotonga's crystal clear aqua blue lagoon and breathtaking sunsets. This personally managed, privately owned resort has an intimate atmosphere that will make every guest feel welcome and ensure they experience the magic of Rarotonga and its people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sunset Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sunset Hotel Arorangi
- Sunset Hotel Arorangi
- Sunset Resort Rarotonga, Cook Islands