We stayed at the Sunset for 5 nights as part of a round the world trip and wished we could have stayed longer. I almost don't want to praise it too highly as we want to keep this place secret but the staff here deserve every praise! We stayed during the last week of March 2013, our first time in the Cooks and it didn't disappoint. The location is stunning, the accommodation is excellent, we had a beach front apartment and it was fantastic hearing the pacific waves crashing on the reef, even when inside, it really is paradise. The beach is beautiful and quiet, we had it to ourselves for a lot of our stay, sunsets to die for, as has been said the restaurant at the resort is fine but there are plenty of nearby or not so nearby places to eat. The islanders are friendly and helpful, we were glad that the local people seemed to be retaining money spent by tourists rather than there being international all-inclusive resorts sucking out cash from the island and sending it abroad.
We met a lady who had been previously to the Sunset and was back this time for a whole month! We didn't want to leave and we cant wait to come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunset Resort is a 3.5 star property and is idyllically situated on the sheltered western side of the island only minutes from Avarua township. The secluded beachfront location provides guests with an unspoilt view of Rarotonga's crystal clear aqua blue lagoon and breathtaking sunsets. This personally managed, privately owned resort has an intimate atmosphere that will make every guest feel welcome and ensure they experience the magic of Rarotonga and its people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Sunset Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sunset Hotel Arorangi
- Sunset Hotel Arorangi
- Sunset Resort Rarotonga, Cook Islands