Did Easter weekend here. Room fantastic, while a bit far from the beach - by about 20 metres the only problem I had was not being able to go out the backdoor and lockit, and the light switches. Light switches at far end of room so a bit of astumble in the dark, as in line with requests and island lifestyle switched lights off when out to save power.
Walk to beach was great going but coming back we found back way so not to have to walk through reception while dripping wet.
Biggest problem and let down was the restaurant. We had appaling treatment from the lady who appeared to be the senior staff memeber running kitchen and dining room. Treated like we were idiots and liars. The only redeeming factors were that what she did to my pizza was so Monty Pythonish that all I can do is laugh about. The rest of our stay there all the local retsuarants got our money for lunch and dinner. If you do stay do not complain about cold food, or you too may get a Monty P show.
Overall a great place, great rooms but all ruined by the experience in the restaurant, would recommend to others but would have to mention experiences.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunset Resort is a 3.5 star property and is idyllically situated on the sheltered western side of the island only minutes from Avarua township. The secluded beachfront location provides guests with an unspoilt view of Rarotonga's crystal clear aqua blue lagoon and breathtaking sunsets. This personally managed, privately owned resort has an intimate atmosphere that will make every guest feel welcome and ensure they experience the magic of Rarotonga and its people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Sunset Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sunset Hotel Arorangi
- Sunset Hotel Arorangi
- Sunset Resort Rarotonga, Cook Islands