6 of us stayed for two nights (16-18 Feb) and could not have wished for a better hotel.
The rooms are spacious, clean, and with great amenites. Suited for most markets (super-resort lovers would not enjoy as a small property) with cooktops, a HUGE fridge, and great bathroom storage for the ladies. Sunset has two pools, both of which are in a beautiful setting and well contained, but the beach is the best part. Hammocks, azure water, white sand, and great snorkelling... What more could I ask for?!
The staff are amazing. I had the pleasure of meeting Kimmy, Steph, and Muri. They went above and beyond in sorting out transfers, rooming, and restaurant reservations. Thank you, ladies!
I will most definitely be back and recommend to other travellers. It's best to hire some form of transport, but I would recommend this option to everyone travelling to Rarotonga, as there is so much to see and do around the island. Don't miss the Saturday markets, only a short ride away and sooooo much scrumptious food.
Thank you Sunset!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunset Resort is a 3.5 star property and is idyllically situated on the sheltered western side of the island only minutes from Avarua township. The secluded beachfront location provides guests with an unspoilt view of Rarotonga's crystal clear aqua blue lagoon and breathtaking sunsets. This personally managed, privately owned resort has an intimate atmosphere that will make every guest feel welcome and ensure they experience the magic of Rarotonga and its people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Sunset Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sunset Hotel Arorangi
- Sunset Hotel Arorangi
- Sunset Resort Rarotonga, Cook Islands