This was my fifth trip to the Cook Islands and second time at this facility. In the last couple of years, they have added a couple of 2 storey buildings and a very large pool. Just perfect! Very friendly and helpful staff. There was never any problems and if we did have concerns, problem solved! We had a studio unit on an upper floor overlooking the pool and restaurant. We had a two burner cook top, fridge, microwave, toaster, dish and glass ware. Everything you would need to do some snacks and even dinner. We had a tropical buffet breakfast each morning which was always fresh.
One evening, we were in the path of a cyclone and the management made sure that all was secure and everyone taken care of in the event of a major event. Fortunately, the cyclone was downgraded to a tropical storm and there was no damage but we felt very secure just knowing that all was being done for our safety.
This property has a beautiful beach area. There were lounge chairs, hammocks, deck chairs for our use. There were numerous fish in the lagoon which is very safe for swimming and snorkeling. The shell collection I returned with is amazing! The bus stop was at the end of the driveway and the Sunset is close to the main town. We only spent two weeks there and could have stayed much longer.
If you are going to the Cooks for the first time, I would highly recommend this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunset Resort is a 3.5 star property and is idyllically situated on the sheltered western side of the island only minutes from Avarua township. The secluded beachfront location provides guests with an unspoilt view of Rarotonga's crystal clear aqua blue lagoon and breathtaking sunsets. This personally managed, privately owned resort has an intimate atmosphere that will make every guest feel welcome and ensure they experience the magic of Rarotonga and its people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Sunset Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sunset Hotel Arorangi
- Sunset Hotel Arorangi
- Sunset Resort Rarotonga, Cook Islands