“North Shore Enua Ola Group Booking” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kiikii Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Avarua
Kiikii Motel
Save Saved
You added Kiikii Motel to your Saves list
P.O. Box 68, Avarua, Cook Islands   |
Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in Avarua
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“North Shore Enua Ola Group Booking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

Kia Orana, On behalf of the 21 members of the North Shore Enua Ola Group (from Auckland, NZ) that was accommodated by Kiikii Motel from 22.7.11 up until 28.7.11. We want to show our gradtitude to Pauline for looking at our circumstances carefully to accept our bookings which was done 2 weeks prior to flying over to Rarotonga. We journey to Rarotonga to fulfil our 32km Round the island walk. Our trip was certainly complete with the budget accommodation we got given for our members and was real impressed with the service that was given by Naora who was always at our beck and call. Sure we had a few gledges at times but it was nothing major as Pauline and the staff manage to speed the process of smoothing things out for us. Overall during our stay there everyone came away satisfied and happy and would definately book again with Kiikii Motel if we had to go for another trip to Rarotonga. My children Peteli & Christiana loved having friends Bau and Kimberley who are Naora kids to play with everyday.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Hampshire, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

I arrived for a night while I got my bearings on the island, and stayed for three weeks.
Owners Pauline and Harry are helpful, the staff are great at keeping pool, grounds and rooms clean and tidy - some others have said they may be showing their age but dirty they ain't - and the atmosphere is conducive to friendliness.
The motel is not ideally located if you want nothing but classic Rarotongan sea-sun-sand-snorkelling. Otherwise, it is on the outskirts of Avarua, so is convenient for town and culture, or as a touring base. I would certainly go back if I come by Rarotonga again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
hastings
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

Stayed for 10 days. Well kept surroundings. Rooms are spacious but needs a bit of handyman work. Lovely pool area outside the apartments which my granddaughter loved. Just needs a bit of a clean regularly as a lot of people were swimming in it.
Had a lovely time at the Kiikii and not complaining for what I paid for the rooms. It was really cheap and the staff were nice. I would stay there again if I went back.

Stella

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Eastern Bay Whakatane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2009

I spent the last night of a holiday at the Kiikii hotel with my son before flying out the following day. In booking in, having phoned from my flash hotel at Muri beach, I heard the lovely and friendly voice of the darling at the other end pleasant and so welcoming. I was not disappointed on my arrival there and I applaud the staff there who have done their very best to keep the place looking clean and tidy..it is an older place of course but it caters well to those who also like the budget side of the Cook Island accommodation. The location is lovely and close to the seashore. I wished I had known to book there in the first place like my son had. He too liked it there by the way and would book there again. This is a great place to stay if you are on a holiday budget. Will definetly stay there again. Thank you KIIKII staff. Well done.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Seoul, South Korea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2008

I went to visit Rarotonga when I worked for Aloha Airlines in Honolulu (service to the Cook Islands ended in 2005) so my stay occurred in October 2004. I landed at the airport and basically "winged it" so I had no reservations nothing. I was referred to Kii Kii by a taxi driver ($20NZD from the airport) and had arrived just before midnight. The place wasn't that bad at all and the front desk agent was very friendly and helpful. The room was "cute" but in need of some repairs. But that didn't really bother me because I was out and about my 7am the next morning. It's definitely NOT a room to just kick back and relax for sure--just to shower and get a good night's rest!

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — The needed room repairs
  • Stayed October 2004, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Whangarei
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2007

We have stayed here a few times now, the last time for three months, other stays for a week or ten days, and would not hesitate to do so again. Staff are frendly, we felt comfortable and relaxed there, no hassles. Money wise it can't be beaten in my opinion. If you want to pay for up market accomadation then go else where.

• Liked — Close to town, Price
  • Disliked — No bar
  • Stayed November 2004, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Wellington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2007

Booked a budget room at the Kii Kii (or K2 K2 as it is known locally!) for $40/ngt for two people. As budget was our major consideration, this was our pick of hotels, and were expecting the worst when we arrived. What a surprise! Although the room was very old and in need of a little repair, it was everything we needed. Clean linen, all the kitchen equipment we required, nice cool room and generally very functional facilities. We mentioned to reception that the toilet cistern wasn't filling as quickly as it should, and instead of mucking us around with workmen, they upgraded us to a standard room! This was a step up again. Again, not new, but was everything we needed. The rooms are serviced daily, with clean towels etc. and they even did our dishes! Sheets changed every 3 days. The most outstanding thing about the Kii Kii is it's charm. It just oozes island. The staff at the Kii Kii - Ruth and Mere - were simply outstanding. They were not only accommodating, but went well beyond the call of duty. Within a few days we knew most of the guests - everyone was just so friendly - in a non-obtrusive way - a result, I'm sure of the overall character of the Motel. We were most surprised to see a pool at the Kii Kii, along with sun loungers and a communal deck with a magnificent view of the ocean.

For us, the Kii Kii was an experience, not just a roof over our heads. Would definitely stay again!

One small caveat though: this motel is made for the flexible traveller and not someone looking for luxury. Also, the beach is made for body-boarders, not swimmers, but there are many swimming beaches close by.

• Liked — Great value for money (the cheaper rooms). Good central location.
  • Disliked — Showing it's age.
  • Stayed September 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Kiikii Motel? Share your experiences!