“excellent language school” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 42 Activities in Montevideo
Type: Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: Academia Uruguay is a Spanish Language school located in the historic center of Montevideo, 'Ciudad Vieja'. We offer individual and group courses on all levels, from beginners to very advanced.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“excellent language school”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I had an amazing experience at Academia Uruguay! For me it was the best way to learn castellano from its source and take part in the life of the porteños. The entire staff was very competent, dedicated and friendly. They made me feel comfortable by being interested in my country and by personally looking after me during my whole stay in Montevideo. I took group classes for about 6 weeks combined with one on one sessions. I very much enjoyed their regular activities, such as excursions and bike tours.
Now when I look back I am very grateful to the entire team of Academia! They helped me to overcome my speaking anxiety and develop the confidence to have conversations with locals. For me it was very important to be able to communicate with the locals (especially since I wanted to discover Latin America afterwards). Thanks to my Spanish I was able to make friendships and I can't wait to be back!
There is another bunch of positive points about the school (location, teachers, atmosphere, books), and I recommend Academia Uruguay to anyone without any second thoughts!

Visited May 2013

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
23 attraction reviews
“You'll pick up Spanish faster than you think”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The method of Academia Uruguay is generic and useful to learn Spanish. But what will really help you to improve your skills is to join the numerous extra activities they organise. I noticed that it's not a weekly schedule of tours that they just do every week, but they really put effort in creating unique events for different types of students. The staff is very friendly and promoting to get to know the other students as well, which will help you talk Spanish faster as well.

Visited April 2013

Review collected in partnership with this attraction