Overall sensation: They are not prepared for the summer, at all!
The hostel is really well located BUT they lack on:
- Information about city attractions;
- Maps and useful tips to travelers;
- Ventilators, air conditioner or ANYTHING to release the summer (35ºC at night)
- TOO FEW toilets and showers for the number of guests. You would need three times more toilets to attend the demand.
On the other hand they have a nice breakfast included in price, the staff is friendly and they have a great swimmig pool at the backyard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ukelele awaits you in the best location of Montevideo. Our classic style house built in the 20's, is worth itself, with very spacious rooms, large common rooms and a huge swimming pool. (we are the only hostel in Mdeo that has one!!) We are downtown in the Km 0 of the city, next to Barrio Sur (where candombe was born), and in ten minutes you can reach Ciudad Vieja (old town) walking! Only 300 mts separate us from the Rambla (seaside), one of the best places of Montevideo.Ukelele is the perfect place to have a nice stay in Montevideo. We have large common rooms, with all kind of services to make your journey the best you can have, for the less price.You can enjoy a nice bath on our swimming pool, have some cold beers on the bar with people from all over the world, play the piano, guitar or Ukelele!! Or just relax and watch a nice movie! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL and HostelBookers so you can book your Ukelele Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.