“Tired hotel, but great location” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
HOLIDAY PROMO - SAVE 20%
Ranked #30 of 80 Hotels in Montevideo
Tortola
“Tired hotel, but great location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Great location on central plaza in the Old Town. Service was attentive and excellent throughout. This included calling out the hotel Doctor, who came to our room within 30 mins and was covered on the hotel insurance.

Our room was clean, but very old fashioned and all the decor in the hotel feels quite tired. The casino is a particularly sad place with dirty old carpet and lots of locals mindlessly staring at the slots.

A good business option, but don't go here for a romantic stay or family holiday.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Radisson Montev... V, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Montevideo Victoria Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

We greatly appreciate your e-mail response with your feedback about your experience at the Radisson Montevideo Hotel.

Our guests´ comments are critical to us. When positive, we feel rewarded in our efforts and our employees grow and gain confidence through positive reinforcement. When something goes wrong, your honest feedback helps us to promptly correct any deviation in our service standards.

Let me tell you Radisson Montevideo is chosen by families and lovers and We never disapointed them.

Once again thanks for taking your valuable time on letting us know our areas of improvement.

We look forward to hosting you again in the very near future and thank you very much for your support to Radisson Montevideo Hotel.

Roxana Morganti
Guest Service Manager
Radisson Montevideo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Good location in a well past its time for renovation hotel. Still its worth staying in as the location over comes any short comings.

Friendly helpful staff, easy walk to most things in the city to see. Had a casino attached if your in to that, I am not.

Very much seemed a business hotel.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Florianópolis, Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Having been to Montevideo before made it easier to decide where to stay this time around. The location of the Radisson is perfect, smacked between the center of the city and the entrance to the old part of town. Besides the port, there are lots of beautiful restaurants nearby such as the PV Restaurant Lounge and the Club Brasileiro, in addition to the very good food offered by the restaurant and bars at the hotel. The ice bar is a bit of a let down. Not much more than a fancy ice box, decorated with ice sculptures, a big screen TV playing loud music and a limited selection of drinks. Still something I'd do once in my life.
For those that enjoy playing, I believe the casino might be a bit of a let down, it looked ran down and empty. I didn’t get to enjoy the spa or the pool, but the service of the hotel was perfect, every employee was attentive and pleasant. The room was clean, comfortable and well kept. The only trouble I had was with a neighbor playing his music a bit loud at 4 in the morning one night, but then again who doesn’t like a little Mark Anthony once in a while?

Room Tip: My recommendation would be to request one of the new rooms, as there are two towers in the hotel and...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

If I am rating this hotel by American standard, I will rate this hotel a 2.5 or 3 star hotel, and no where near a 4 star. The hotel is well located in central Montevideo, on the Independencia Plaza.

The hotel is about 3 blocks from the Sea and very close to the Old Town where most activities like open air stores, art works are displayed and located.

I had a suite, specifically Room 1860. The couch in the Living was very uncomfortable, when you sit on it, it sinks. I stayed at the Radisson Montevideo for 2 nights, the 3 baths I took were without a wash cloth, there were no washcloth available when I arrived and took my first bath. When I requested for wash cloth delivered to my room, the hotel instead brought hand towels.

The Information Desk across from the Concierge was totally useless. When I requested for the list of good steakhouse restaurants nearby, I was given 1 name, a promotion card for a Solis Restaurant, I had to walk around the area to find a restaurant. Next, when I was leaving for Buenos Aires by Ferry, I was given the wrong Bus #108 instead of Bus #CA1 to the Terminal.

Room Tip: From the Bus Terminal, take Bus #CA1 to the hotel on Independencia Plaza.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Radisson Montev... V, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Montevideo Victoria Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Please reach out to any of our employees directly should you have any concerns during or after your next stay.

Thank you for choosing Radisson Montevideo Hotel!

Roxana Morganti
Guest Service Manager
Radisson Montevideo Hotel
BA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Very well located, good rooms, great breakfast, also room service. This hotel is always a good option. I traveled w my car and they had valet parking! Great if youhave to bearound the port and historic area, Otherwise iwould stay near Pocitos area. Pls avoid going to Hielo Bar!

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Curitiba, PR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had problems with our flight and Pluna sent us to Radisson on downtown, it was a unpredictable but confortable surprise, I didn't chose this hotel by myself at that time, but definetaly will when I visit Montevideo again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is probably one of the oldest properties I have stayed in recently. I was given a very nice upgrade to a suite with very nice views. However, there was one wall where none of the electricals worked - TV, power sockets, nothing. Internet connectivity was excellent thanks to a dedicated router in the room.

The property is attached to a casino but I really didn't get a chance to go there. The staff was very helpful - they helped me in finding the local cocktail made using honey :-).

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor for great river views
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Radisson Montevideo Victoria Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!