“Good hotel... Thin walls” 3 of 5 stars
Review of InterCity Premium Hotel Montevideo

You added InterCity Premium Hotel Montevideo to your Saves list
InterCity Premium Hotel Montevideo
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Ibiray 2398 esq. Echeverria | Punta Carretas, Montevideo 11300, Uruguay   |
Ranked #9 of 80 Hotels in Montevideo
Sao Paulo
“Good hotel... Thin walls”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed at Intercity for 4 nights, from May 29th till June 2nd.

I loved the location, the staff, the bed, the shower size and water pressure, the free Wi-Fi (good signal).

The hotel is located at “Punta Carretas”, a very nice and safe neighborhood. I personally didn’t and wouldn’t stay in “Ciudad Vieja” because it can be dangerous at night. Punta Carretas area has excellent restaurants, bakeries, parks and shopping places. It’s close to Punta Carretas Shopping (mall) and safe to walk around, even at night. There are also many buses that go from ’21 de Septiembre” to everywhere in the city. And if you don’t have a lot of luggage, take the DM1 “Punta Carretas” bus at the airport and you’ll be just 3 blocks away from the hotel.

The hotel was nice, looked new, very friendly and helpful staff. The room I stayed at was small and the shower room had some spots that could be cleaner, but overall nice.

Things I didn’t like: The walls were thin, at least in my room. I could hear people talking in other rooms, their television on, some banging at the walls, and every time someone would flush or take a shower. Also, the cleaning staff woke me up on my first morning there. It was around 9 AM and I heard voices and a lot of noise coming from the hall. When I opened the door to see what was going on, I was surprised to see that all that noise came from the cleaning ladies.

The breakfast was good, but it would be nice to have more options (the 4 days I was there they served the exactly same thing). Fresh orange juice would also be a nice touch.

The Wi-Fi worked well during all my stay.

I also loved the shower and the water pressure. One of the best ever!

The daily rate was reasonable. I booked directly at their website and got a good value.

Overall, the stay was good. With some drawbacks, but I would stay there again. I would definitely take my earplugs though.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Finnish first
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night. The staff were great, and they gave us some helpful advice about Montevideo. The breakfast (included in the price) was very good. The hotel is in a nice neighborhood, near some restaurants and bars. Overall, it's a pretty bare bones hotel. The room was a decent size. Ikea-ish furniture. The bathroom could have been cleaned better. We also had an unpleasant smell in our room, possibly coming from the plumbing. If we return to Montevideo (which we'd like to) we'll stay elsewhere, but it's not a bad place for one night at the price. For a longer stay I'd find somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Good apartments, clean, located in front of a school in Punta Carretas neighborhood and 7 blocks from the main Mall: Punta Carretas Shopping.
Gentle and helpful staff. Excellent breakfast.
But if you go by car, you will may have to park it on the street. There is a small garage for maybe six or seven car.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

The staff at this hotel are very helpful and friendly and speak enough English to give you directions advice and book tours. The room we had was big, clean and quite. The breakfast is excellent, fresh fruit, pastries and eggs which you have in the dining room on the ground floor. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Allen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife and I spent a total of 4 nights at this hotel in February 2013.

Positives: The room was clean and comfortable, the (included) breakfast in the restaurant was very good, and the service was excellent, especially at the front desk. The price was reasonable, about $110/night all inclusive. The location is pretty good, in a residential neighborhood with shopping and restaurants within reasonable walking distance.

Negatives: As with most South American hotels we have stayed in, a king bed was unavailable, so we settled for two twins. There was no dresser, so we had trouble figuring out where to put our clothes. There were no washcloths, which again seems to be par for the course in South America.

Mixed: Dinner in the restaurant was mostly good but there was one dish that was not explained well, and that we found inedible. The internet was pretty slow overall, making Skype nearly unusable, but at least it was included in the room rate and the speed was acceptable for general web surfing most of the time.

Overall, definitely a positive experience; we would stay there again gladly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I spent just two nights here on a work-related trip and it was an almost perfect experience. The room was spacious, comfortable and reasonably priced ($140), the welcome at checkin was friendly, and in perfect English, and the location convenient. Because I travel a fair bit for work I almost always comment on the availability or not of internet access, because so many hotels charge extra for this, and at rates that are often quite high, and frankly, a rip-off. I hope that in a few more years a good wi-fi signal throughout the hotel will be part of the room price and just regarded as standard. Until then, this hotel is exemplary: strong, free signal throughout. No complaints: I recommend this hotel and will return myself.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
sao paulo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband and I spent 04 days in Montevideo at Intercity. We really enjoyed our stay, since the hotel is new, good spacious rooms, free Wi-fi and the breakfast is quite reasonable.
The location is good, but you should walk about 01km to reach the Shopping Punta Carretas and a little more to the beaches.
I would come back for sure!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to InterCity Premium Hotel Montevideo? Share your experiences!