Honestly, the best part of this hotel is the landscape. Since you're in the Sacred Valley, the views of the Andes surrounding this hotel are amazing. Breathtaking, even, especially at sunrise and sunset.
The hotel rooms themselves were only fine. They have been recently remodeled, which is nice, but the beds were kind of hard and there's no real windows or doors (mainly wooden shutter-like things), so the room can get cold in the winter. Turn on the electric heater early in the evening so your room is warm when you get back (we did not do this and it was pretty chilly when we wanted to go to bed). This hotel was also weird to me because there were no queen or king beds, just two full-size beds per room. This proved bizarre for any couples traveling because you can't actually sleep together unless you want to cram into one full bed (but why do that when there's just two beds).
The bathroom was nice but the bathtub had weird drainage issues, which was just kind of icky. There were enough towels for two people, so that was at least a redeeming bathroom quality. So, the rooms themselves were OK. But the actual hotel, the lobby, the restaurants, and the entire property was beautiful, well-maintained, and provided excellent views of the Andes on all sides. The staff were friendly, spoke English, and provided suggestions for things to do when needed. There's an on-site restaurant, bar, meeting rooms, and shopping. There's also llamas grazing in the middle of the complex, which is super cute! They enjoy pets, which is super fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Sacred Valley of the Incas and surrounded by beautiful gardens, the Sonesta Posada del Inca Yucay is a former 18th century colonial-style monastery. This charming 87-room posada is a one-hour drive from the ancient Inca capital of Cusco and close to Machu Picchu. The area's year-round warm weather is ideal for hiking, rafting, horseback riding and other outdoor activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Sonesta Posadas del Inca Sacred Valley Yucay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Posadas Del Inca Sacred Valley Yucay Hotel Yucay
- Sonesta Yucay
- Yucay Sonesta
- Sonesta Posadas Del Inca Sacred Valley Yucay Peru