Everything about our stay was A+.
Location: With its own train station, this is the perfect gateway to Macchu Picchu. The ride is picturesque, taking travelers through Andean farmland and villages. There is absolutely no noise from the train on-property. The property is located in Urubamba, a wonderfully authentic Peruvian village. We spent a day just touring the town, its architecture and its markets. A true slice of Peruvian life that we enjoyed very much.
Service: The staff couldn't have been more accommodating. Even before we arrived, they helped us secure last-minute tickets to Machu Picchu (after we realized our "tickets" purchased 6 months earlier were a scam). Everyone spoke English, making communication much easier for my husband and I, who speak limited Spanish. Laundry service, maid service, food and beverage service, room service...it was all top notch.
Food: The food was good. Particularly for hotel food. We ate most meals off-property, but enjoyed the variety and quality of food in the hotel bar and restaurant. With the exchange rate, prices were very good.
Rooms: As SPG Gold members, we were upgraded to a first floor room with a private terrace on the backside of the property -- very private and quiet. Our room was spacious and impeccable. Plush bathrobes and slippers, a bidet, a tiled shower and separate soaking tub, a walk-in closet, and french doors out onto our terrace...it was wonderful.
Spa: The hydrotherapy session was excellent, as was my massage. The spa is quiet, private and serene. The staff helped me design a custom package. Even if you don't get a spa treatment, you have access to the indoor/outdoor pool and locker room, which has a sauna and whirlpool.
Our stay at Tambo del Inka was certainly a highlight of our trip. From the moment you enter the gates, you feel transported to another world. Enjoying a coca leaf tea overlooking the Andes, sitting in front of the entryway fireplace and swapping travel stories, or lounging poolside watching the sun filter through the mountain trees, it's an experience not to be missed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palacio del Inka is a part of Starwoods Hotel and Resort. Guests staying here may be eligible to use their Starwood Prefered Guest (SPG) points according to what is stated on their webpage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Media 8, Inc., Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Tambo del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tambo Del Inka, a Luxury Collection Hotel Urubamba
- Tambo Del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa
- Tambo Del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Peru/Urubamba, Sacred Valley