This is a long past due review of the Heavenly Tambo del Inka Hotel in Urubamba. My mom and I used this hotel as our base for 5 days during our visit to Machu Piccu and the Sacred Valley surrounding in August 2011. The hotel was about 1 years old, so everything was brand new, beautifully decorated and secluded from the outside world past the hotel gate. I love the 3 stone frogs sitting on the lobby bench and the huge double sided fireplace. You can help yourself to coca tea all day long to help with acclimizing. We did not have any altitude sickness at all.
We were in a room on the ground floor over looking the river and with a door that opens out to the patio with lounge chairs. Our room was spacious with walk in closet, gigantic bathroom with sepate shower on the right, huge tub on the left and a double sink in the center. We did not have problem getting enough bottled water, just get them from the pool area. We had breakfast at the hotel every morning, huge spread with hot and cold options, the choices were plentiful and always different variety of fresh juices are available, like watermelon, strawberry, papaya, and mango juices. I would fill up my thermos with the juices before I head out for my daily excursions. We also ate dinner at the hotel restaurant on a few nights and they were all superb. I had duck, lamb and the infamous Peruvian loma saltado.
My mom had arranged for a personal driver for our daily excusions to Pisac, Ollantay, and Machu Picchu. We booked the horse riding tour of Moray and Salineras through Cusco For You. If you needed a taxi, the hotel is centrally located, just walk out of the hotel past the security gate and cross the street, you will be able to get a taxi or the tuk tuk for short trips. We also arranged through the hotel, Tickeri travel service for the Machu Pichu entrance tickets instead of waiting in line to get them at the cultural center at Cusco, just one less headache.
The hotel has a very famous spa on the lower floor and a pool that is half indoor and half outdoor. The only disappointment is that the hot tub is in the spa and children are not allowed in the spa, even though I have been to many spas already, I even had an over the pool kid messages at the Blue Lagoon in Iceland and the thermal spa in Bath, England. But overall, every hotel staff was very attentive, from the restaurant, concierge, pool attendent and the maid. The amazing thing is that all the staff greated us by name. If you are planning to stay in the Sacred Valley region, just book with this hotel, you will not regret it. It is so so worth it !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tambo del Inka is a part of Starwoods Hotel and Resort. Guests staying here may be eligible to use their Starwood Prefered Guest (SPG) points according to what is stated on their webpage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Tambo del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tambo Del Inka, a Luxury Collection Hotel Urubamba
- Tambo Del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort And Spa
- Tambo Del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa Peru/Urubamba, Sacred Valley