“My tummy has never been happier” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza & Pasta, Asian fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Peru
“My tummy has never been happier”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Food from the gods! Kampu is and will always be one of my favorite eats in all my travels. I could spend all day there in the courtyard and continue to stuff my face with the incredible curries. The staff there are so adorably sweet and attentive and the service was just right- nothing too rushed… but not too slow. I come from NYC where all restaurants rush you along and you can't ever enjoy your company or the atmosphere. That isn't the case here. The easy going vibe, great music, delicious food and warm staff make it a perfect place to dip off from all the site seeing and trekking that is the norm in the sacred valley.
I would come back again and again and never get tired. oh! And the passion fruit chilcanos- the best in the valley and Cusco. I challenge anyone to find a better chilcano. impossible.
Definitely take some time to come to Kampu to eat either lunch or dinner. You won't be disappointed at all, unless you have no taste.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“The best hot curry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Amazing Indian curry on Kampu, definitive the only one and the best in town and even in Cusco town, Kampu is a very nice place and of course good music !! .... high recomended

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cusco, Peru
“disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

disappointing experience, very dusty freeze cold terrace,we wait long time to be attended and at last we get our curries empty of flavour.not recommended.

• Visited July 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Out of this world:)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I was staying in the sacred valley for a month and fortunately was taken to Kampu almost the first day. For lunch! I think I went back at least 3 times a week between dinners and lunch. It's hard to find a great salad in the valley and Eduardo, the chefs rocks. The curries are amazing as are his pizzas and really everything else. I have to say his chicken satay is probably the best I've ever eaten anywhere in the world. I was so intrigued by the food I also took Eduardo's cooking classes. So great to be walked through the market and understand what everything is. All sauces made from scratch and now that I'm home I can't wait to try the dishes first hand. By the way, the chef is probably one of the nicest human beings you will ever meet. Along with the atmosphere and music it's a dining experience not to be missed. Oh and ask for the passion fruit chilcano. The best in Peru!!

Dortmund, Germany
“Kampu Restaurant: Cooking class with Eduardo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Kampu is a wonderful place to have high quality lunch or dinner in a relaxed atmosphere with good music and drinks. Eduardo and his assistant Mr. Williams are a perfect team, they cook wonderful fusion kitchen: Try one of the Currys or Eduardo's fusion version of lomo saldato! We had a lot of fun with him in our private cooking class. We met at 9 AM on the market, he showed us around before cooking together "causa" (delicious starter) and a traditional lomo saltado. We can really recommend not only the restaurant, but also the class. As he opened the restaurant in late 2013 Kampu is not yet in the Lonely Planet (and is still kind of an insider's tip).

• Visited July 2014