Sol y Luna Lodge is set in beautiful grounds and the circular bungalow rooms are quaint and sort of ethnic in decor. The food and service in the equally circular restaurant and bar was welcoming and good. Our stay was marred by the coldness of the bungalow. The oil fired room heater had not been switched on prior to our arrival so it took an hour to raise the temperature. Unlike a previous reviewer - we were not offered a hot water bottle - which would have been welcome. Finally, as a traveller, it would have been good to send some laundry. We did not as the cost was excessive. An example laundry list price was a shirt at USD$ 12. 4 sets of shirts, socks and underwear would have cost just short of US$ 100 less tax etc. The beauty of Sol y Luna overode most of this bad impression so score 4 rather than 3.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our unique property is an intimate 43-casitas hotel within 328,000 square feet of beautiful gardens surrounded by archaeological attractions, and many opportunities of outdoor activities.We have 15 high end luxury casitas like that one which have private terraces and plunge pools overlooking the gardens. They all have an entry porch, foyer, living room and are equipped with heating floor system and fireplace.All the decoration of the casitas is based on the art work of renowned Peruvian artists such as Jaime Leibane and the beautiful frescoed murals by acclaimed artist, Federico Bauer which makes them all really special and unique. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sol & Luna Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol & Luna Hotel Urubamba
- Sol And Luna Lodge & Spa
- Sol Luna Urubamba
- Sol & Luna Lodge & Spa Peru/Urubamba, Sacred Valley