All I can say is that everybody was in aw when we got to this place. It is like a beautiful garden with casitas. The decoration and the details are so beautiful and well put together. The rooms (casitas) were amazing. We had two casitas, one double and one triple. The decor is rustic with modern elements. Each piece in the room was lovely. We also had a nice backyard with a lounge area (I could have stayed there forever). They have two restaurants but we only had a chance to try one of them, Rancho Wayra, which offers a show with Paso Fino Horses. The staff was friendly and courteous. On Wednesday night the hotel had a show at night time with folkloric dances. It was really a good performance, not only the dancers, but also the light and music were very well organized.
Breakfast was included and it was delicious as well. The only thing that caught our attention was the service for breakfast. The first morning, most of the hot items were gone and were not replenished and it was only 8am. The staff was not as proactive as at the other one in Rancho Wayra. I asked for coffee and the server said that it was on the buffet table. He never offered to bring coffee for us. They seemed friendly but it felt they were just doing their job, picking up dishes. It did not match the amazing service of the rest of the hotel. Overall we had a wonderful time at Sol y Luna and we would like to go back. We will recommend this wonderful gem to all our friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our unique property is an intimate 43-casitas hotel within 328,000 square feet of beautiful gardens surrounded by archaeological attractions, and many opportunities of outdoor activities.We have 15 high end luxury casitas like that one which have private terraces and plunge pools overlooking the gardens. They all have an entry porch, foyer, living room and are equipped with heating floor system and fireplace.All the decoration of the casitas is based on the art work of renowned Peruvian artists such as Jaime Leibane and the beautiful frescoed murals by acclaimed artist, Federico Bauer which makes them all really special and unique. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL and Expedia so you can book your Sol & Luna Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol And Luna Lodge & Spa
- Sol & Luna Hotel Urubamba
- Sol Luna Urubamba
- Sol & Luna Lodge & Spa Peru/Urubamba, Sacred Valley