My husband and I felt we had found paradise when we walked into the gardens of Sol & Luna for a two night stay in the Sacred Valley.
The immaculate care given to the breathtaking gardens and environment are quite evident. There is a ranch at the lodge which was awesome and we would defnintely recommend additional nights to take advantage of those gorgeous Peruvian horses which we were lucky to observe one afternoon while touring the property.
The pictures on the web and brochures do not do it justice; but most importantly to us was beneath all the beauty and serenity of the sacred valley was a layer that is not discussed here very much. The staff was totally intune to us from the moment we walked into the lovely courtyard. Smiles were everywhere, from the ever present gardeners to the reception area to the bar and on the the very good restaurant (so good we ate there both nights)
I have read the few negative reports on trip advisor, and I am wondering where those folks were staying. It was not at the Sol & Luna that I experienced. The breakfast was great; got us through the days of "ruins and markets" and just enjoying the sights within the valley. The evenings were gorgeous by a fire in the restaurant with service and food to match the surroundings.
Most importantly though I want to emphasize the pre-trip arrangements, emails, advice and thorough follow-up by Gabriella, the Assistant Manager. We did not book through a tour group; we travelled on our own and Gabriella's continual assistance after the initial booking and thoughtful gestures (ie. obtaining the Peru Rail tickets for me months in advance) was such an integral part of our sucessful Peru experience.
Gabriella is from Cusco; extremely proud of her country, and eager for everyone to experience Peru through Sol & Luna with a smile. She definitely came through for us and I would return just to stay and enjoy the ranch, spa and of course seeing Gabriella's expressive smile.
I wish I could have met the owners to find out more of how they obtained this beautiful spot in Peru; and to complement them on maintaining such a beautiful lodge. Unfortunately they were not there; but I am hoping that everyone will at least go by and see this little spot of paradise in the Sacred Valley. And when you do; you will see why we adored this Garden of Eden in Peru.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our unique property is an intimate 43-casitas hotel within 328,000 square feet of beautiful gardens surrounded by archaeological attractions, and many opportunities of outdoor activities.We have 15 high end luxury casitas like that one which have private terraces and plunge pools overlooking the gardens. They all have an entry porch, foyer, living room and are equipped with heating floor system and fireplace.All the decoration of the casitas is based on the art work of renowned Peruvian artists such as Jaime Leibane and the beautiful frescoed murals by acclaimed artist, Federico Bauer which makes them all really special and unique. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Sol & Luna Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol & Luna Hotel Urubamba
- Sol And Luna Lodge & Spa
- Sol Luna Urubamba
- Sol & Luna Lodge & Spa Peru/Urubamba, Sacred Valley