“Great Place, considering......” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Sebastian, Florida
“Great Place, considering......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

This was recommended by hotel staff and a group of 7 of us walked about 15 minutes from our hotel to the restaurant. Small wood-fired cooking area - figured we were safe with something coming out of there. The pizza was very good, hot,and freshly made while we watched. Wouldn't take credit cards (noted a LOT of places in Peru advertise but then don't take them!) Coke Zero in a sealed bottle and fresh pizza - great meal after a week of Peruvian cuisine. Bonus - there was a festival with an hour long parade on the street outside the restaurant - entertainment with our meal!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Kansas City, Missouri
“Very satisfied!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Went for early dinner (my friend and I were the very first clients of that evening) and the food was very good. The place is simple and the little ol' lady who took our orders was nice and friendly. Food was obviously made from scratch since it took 20 minutes to get ready, which was not bad at all for Peru. Tagliatelle with mushroom sauce was amazing! I was very impressed! We ordered a pizza to take away (ham and cheese) and it was good! Very thin crust and flavorful ham. I don´t know if cheese was mozzarela or andino, but it tasted good to me. We also got a little portion of garlic bread with the pizza (free). Would def recommend!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“We love Pizzawassi.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I take missionary teams to Peru and this is always on our "MUST GO TO" list. The pizza here is of gourmet quality and the prices are incredible! Add this to your list as well!

The shop is quaint adn romantic and night. It has a brick oven and plays Peruvian jazz music. At night, the place is lit with candles and the quiet buzz of conversation.

Visited July 2013
Urubamba, Peru
“Can you really call it pizza?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I will give Pizza Wasi a thumbs up for being the best pizza in Urubamba, but that really isn't saying much. The restaurant is family run but they aren't very enthusiastic about their work. The service is terrible, they never have change for when you pay, and the food is forgettable. If the pie comes with the wrong kind of cheese and no sauce, is it still a pizza? The pizza is so bad I ended up going online, downloaded a recipe for high altitude pizza dough and perfected my own pizza so my family doesn't have to suffer through that disaster anymore.,

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
California
“Wow, good pizza.. Unexpected find.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Watch them make the pizza from scratch and then pop it into the super hot wood fired stone oven. Wow. It turned out really good. Thin and crispy crust, good balance of toppings and not too much cheese. Excellent. Did not expect to find such good pizza in the sacred valley. The complimentary bread sticks were excellent too.

PS : I timed the pizza in the oven. 2.5 minutes for a 11 to 12 inch. I can only venture to guess how hot that oven was!

• Visited July 2013