“Wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paz y Luz Guest, Healing and Conference Center

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pisaq
Paz y Luz Guest, Healing and Conference Center
You added Paz y Luz Guest, Healing and Conference Center to your Saves list
1 kilometer from Pisac Bridge (to the right) | You Can Take a Taxi From Cusco Or Take a "Collectivo" Bus to Pisac. The Buses Leave From Calle Puputi Near the Rosas Pata Market in Cusco. The Drive Is Nearly 50 Minutes Form Cusco, Pisaq, Peru   |
Ranked #5 of 16 Pisaq B&B and Inns
Wellington, New Zealand
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

During Aug this year I stayed at Laz Y Luz for a total of 10 nights. The location and views were spectacular and Pisac provides an excellent base for exploring Cusco and the Sacred Valley all the way to Macchu Picchu. The staff were extremely friendly and Dianne, Jamie, Martin and the team were always ready to help and advise. I intend to return there one day in the not-so-distant future.
The only thing to be aware of during the winter season in that region (Jun/Jul/Aug) is that nights can be quite cold and having some thermal layers may be a good idea for comfortable sleeping.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Forest VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We rented a bungalow for a the month of July. The view from our windows all around was spectaular. The service staff did everything they could to make us feel welcome. We walked into Pisac everyday and shopped for our groceries at the market where everything was absolutely fresh and the vendors kind and helpful despite our lack of Spanish. This is a great time to visit Pisac. There was a festival every week and we learned and experienced so much about the culture. Paz y Luz is Peace. It's a wonderful place to just BE present in the moment.

Room Tip: Bungalows have kitchens and a fireplace. Remeber the reverse of seasons and July was very cool at n...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
albany NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I had looked forward to staying with Diane and her 'family' and expected an awesome experience. No disappointment on any level. All the staff are professional and helpful. The local staff are sweet, kind and do a fine job in keeping the place looking just right. Working on the energy work which was my intention was superb. The sightseeing I was able to have the staff arrange was top notch and fit my needs to a Tee. Body work such as massage, energy & yoga is offered by professionals and well worth exploring while you visit the sacred valley along with Diane and PazyLuz.

Taking a trip over to Pisac to explore the various shopping opportunities and other restaurants is easily arranged, in fact, we were able to do this several times in the 2 weeks we stayed. The only disappointment was we had to return to the US! Thanks to Diane and her fine crew for helping make my first stay in Peru so memorable!

Room Tip: Always dress in layers and bring warm sleep clothing during Winter time in Peru. I thought all the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Playa Samara, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The first time I intended to stay only 3 days but the peaceful surroundings kept calling my name so I returned the end of April for 3 more days. As if that were not enough, I decided to go again in July for 3 days but ended up staying 15 days total. The mountains surrounding the center are breathtaking. The yoga in the morning as the sun rises to warm you is amazing. The owner Diane is one of the kindest souls you will ever meet. Gladys cooks delicious meals to accommodate any diet. The kitchen and lounge areas are a great place to make some tea and relax by the fireplace. The entire staff works hard to make your stay peaceful. I will return again and again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have been visiting Paz y Luz for many years, and brought a variety of groups on a Sacred Journey. We love visiting here because they offer things no other hostal or hotel does. First, we often use the Conference Room that has windows looking out to the beauty of the place for yoga, meditation, and healing classes or training programs. The rooms are great, and offer a quiet get away from the busier cities like Cusco or Pisaq itself. Breakfast is included, and there are various options for vegetarians. We often order a dinner to be prepared in their restaurant as part of our group experience. The restaurant prepares our sack lunches for our excursions in the Valley.

When we share our Sacred Journey, we work with local elders, the Qero, and this retreat can arrange ceremonies for your group. We have worked with the Munay Ki and the Initiations here, and other teachings of the Shamanic Processes. They offer healing and shamanic energy work,

Room Tip: The rooms in the V Section have wifi in the rooms!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Having been freezing all around places in the Sacred Valley, at Paz y Luz I finally found a sun flooded warm room that made me stay two full weeks. I enjoyed the mountain views, the peaceful gardens and close proximity to Pisaq "downtown", a spiritual center where a lot of desires can be met ;) The staff is super friendly and the food always good and healthy. Will certainly go back there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Unlike other reviews, I will not comment on spiritual experiences as those are subjective. Rather I would like to review Paz y Luz as a place to stay during a visit to the sacred Valley. As such, it is an overpriced hostal (even drinking water refills are twice more expensive than other places in Pisaq) with some tired, often dirty elements of interior and exterior (see pictures attached).

On “relaxation.” The property is surrounded by barbed wire, which does not contribute to the peaceful relaxation experience. The only outside sitting option were the plastic chairs covered in birds' droppings. You can see the mountains from anywhere in the Sacred Valley, and they look much nicer without the barbed wire in sight.

The room itself was very cold at night and a heater was not available, not even for an extra fee. I had to pile up four(!) heavy woolen blankets to stay warm. Their combined weight made sleeping very uncomfortable.

You have to wash your teacups if you want to have some tea in the common area (a first in my Peru travels). At breakfast, you have to choose either eggs or serial, can’t have both. No lunch or dinner was served during my stay. Other services (massage, astrological readings) are advertised at US/European prices.

The walk to town is a 20-minute ordeal on an extremely dusty road. Picture two inches of powdery dust. At some point the road ends and you find yourself facing a busy construction site. Turns out, you have to walk through the construction site, maneuvering between workers, pipes and cement. I can’t imagine walking there after dark as it would be extremely unsafe.

Finally, Paz y Luz was less than commendable in terms of their customer service. As I don’t speak much Spanish, I needed help in arranging my taxi ride to Cuzco. I specifically asked the receptionist--in advance--to convey to the driver (in Spanish) that I wanted to make sightseeing stops on my way to Cuzco, but that wasn't done. Normally, you can and should negotiate you terms with taxis in Peru, which are plentiful. However, the hostal would only call taxis owned by one particular company, which made negotiation impossible. For the rest of the day, I had to adhere to my taxi driver’s schedule which apparently involved trying to pick up a fare for the return journey at Cuzco airport.

Overall, there is plenty of quaint hostals in Pisaq to justify having to deal with all the Paz y Luz drawbacks. Unless you have to attend one of its retreats.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
dianepyl, Owner at Paz y Luz Guest, Healing and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
The photos of the barbed wire in this review do not belong to Paz y Luz. We have a wall made of stone and mud on one side of the property and a cypress hedge on the other. We have 2.5 acres of open property, gardens and meditation spaces, surrounded by beautiful mountains.

Our manager assisted this guest by calling him a taxi and translating what the guest wanted. The taxi driver (who sets his own rates) told the guest what he would charge the guest. Our manager translated. The guest did not want to pay what the driver was asking.

We are very sorry that the guest did not enjoy his stay at Paz y Luz.

Been to Paz y Luz Guest, Healing and Conference Center? Share your experiences!