This was probably our favourite place on our trip to Peru and the food was definitely up there with the best. It was such a visual treat walking to our room through the garden, a small oasis.
We loved both of our rooms but preferred the garden room for the overall view and quietness. We loved the look and feel of the rooms with fresh flowers and glass water bottles.
Enjoy happy hour between 6 and 7 with two for one pisco sours and nibbles until your dinner booking comes up. The frozen lemonade here is a standout with the addition of mint. Dinner here is not to be missed, there are none of the usual Peruvian standbys such as pizza and lomo saltado Pricing is the same as elsewhere and there is an organic farm on site, hence quality ingredients. There is a musician playing in the dining room every night which adds to the atmosphere.
We loved stopping in at Café Mayu right on the station platform for a tea, coffee and yummy chocolate brownies to enjoy in the garden after a trip out.
Breakfast though is quite an ordinary affair despite the high benchmark for dinner. There was no milk to put on the muesli, just pouring yoghurt. together with 3 types of fruit, 3 pieces of toast and eggs (fried, scrambled or pancake)
They are happy to store bags if you are heading off to M.P. Reception also organised a 6 hour trip to Pisac for USD95 and a transfer back to Cusco for USD65 for us.
We will certainly be making a detour back here in the future, its a perfect base for exploring the valley or heading up to M.P.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Ollantaytambo train station, El Albergue is only one train stop away from Machu Picchu and not far from many interesting attractions. El Albergue dates back to 1925 and maintains the charm and elegance of the early 20th century while offering modern day requirements such as free high speed internet and in-room telephones. Owned by artist Wendy Weeks, this hotel has beautiful gardens, delicious food and special attention to décor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your El Albergue Ollantaytambo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Hotel Ollantaytambo
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Peru - Sacred Valley