The El Albergue is a great little find. The staff is very welcoming and helpful. The grounds are worth visiting, alone. Our room seemed newly redone and was very comfortable. A vaulted ceiling, wood floors, spacious room, many windows, and a great bathroom. We were able to sit outside our room, on a veranda, and enjoy fireworks and a full moon. We overlooked a courtyard that, like the entire estate, was beautifully landscaped. After a pleasantly warm silent night's sleep, we ate a good and quiet breakfast overlooking yet another garden. My only regret is that I didn't have more time to explore the grounds and take more pictures.
- Also Known As:
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Hotel Ollantaytambo
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Hotel
- El Albergue Ollantaytambo Peru - Sacred Valley
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Ollantaytambo train station, El Albergue is only one train stop away from Machu Picchu and not far from many interesting attractions. El Albergue dates back to 1925 and maintains the charm and elegance of the early 20th century while offering modern day requirements such as free high speed internet and in-room telephones. Owned by artist Wendy Weeks, this hotel has beautiful gardens, delicious food and special attention to décor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your El Albergue Ollantaytambo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.