Unfortunately we only stayed here for one night (due to their sister hotel Sol being full) but found it the most enchanting place. We had a room looking out over the garden with the amazing backdrop of the Inca terraces and mountains. The room was small but very quaint, not the king sized beds we'd been used to but clean and comfortable. The bathroom was a little lacking - only cold water at the sink and looking a bit tired, but more than adequate. We actually had part of a tree growing through the walls!
The gardens are amazing and so beautiful. We had our breakfast outside next to the guinea pig run ...... The breakfast itself was fine - nothing special and perhaps a bit more variety would be good.
The staff were polite and helpful and spoke good English.
This was the cheapest place we stayed during our 3 weeks in Peru but was one of the nicest - I would highly recommend it to everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a recently opened small comfortable hotel that offers you comfortable rooms with private bathrooms and quality mattresses, beautiful gardens in original Inca terraces, and incredible views of the impressive ruins of Ollantaytamb creating quality service and a peaceful atmosphere for all our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com, HostelBookers and Booking.com so you can book your Hostal Iskay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal Iskay Hotel Ollantaytambo
- Hostal Iskay Ollantaytambo, Peru - Sacred Valley