“Candlelight dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Houston
“Candlelight dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Our family enjoyed an evening pizza by candlelight in this cozy place near ruins. They have a wood burning oven.Food was good- even those who did not get pizza liked what they had.This was near our hotel- Hostal Sauce.

Visited May 2013

Pratt, Kansas
“Very accommodating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This little restaurant was filling up, but they found a way to sea our group of six very comfortably. Food was good and presentation excellent. Very warm and friendly place.

Visited April 2013
“We are here every day because it's truly that amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

My father and I went here after I read a woman's blog about her stay in Ollanta. We were totally blown away by the food, it was so incredible I would go back to Ollanta just to eat here. The first night we had their signature trout dish, Mayupata trout. It was our favorite dish we had. We are still talking about it 5 days later. We also had their yucca fritas, and I have had many yucca fritas in my day and I would definitely say they make the best at Mayupata. We also had their Andean nuggets- quinoa crusted trout- very delicious. And we had the trout in garlic sauce with golden potatoes- also very delicious. The waitress didn't seem to care for us much, but we didn't mind because the food was so good it could've been served to us by a dog and we still would've come back. The restaurant interior is like a lodge, it reminded us of our mountain cabin, with a beautiful fireplace.
I would highly recommend this place, even for the Mayupata trout alone :)

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, CA
“This restaurant could have been anywhere in the world”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

the Hotel Sol recommended this restaurant. The food and the atmosphere were unbelievable. The food and the presentation rivals any restaurant in any major city. We had the trout wrapped around sweet potatoes and the trout in garlic sauce. The trout was spectatcular and coupled with a Malbec, dinner was $43.00 Now that is a bargain. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Visited January 2013
Chicago, IL
“Can't Vouch for the Food, but the Pizzas are Delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I had dinner at Mayupata while traveling with a group. Because our dinner was "included" in our trip price, our only meal option was pizza. There were pros and cons with our experience. Cons: The restaurant appeared overwhelmed while prepping, cooking and serving large quantities of pizzas. Pros: When you finally received your pizza, it was DELICIOUS.

A few things I noticed: #1 If you are part of a large group and would like pizzas, be prepared to wait...and wait... #2 When the pizzas finally started rolling out of the oven, it was only a couple at a time. That meant some people ate while others looked on hungrily. #3 While our group waited, several small families came in for dinner and opted for menu items rather than pizzas. That was a smart move as those groups received their food, ate and left before us. #4 Wood oven pizza is my favorite type of pizza and Mayupata's version was very good. I got mine with mushrooms and ham, a really good combination. #5 The next afternoon I had about an hour before my group headed to the train station. I decided to order a pizza and have it packaged to go. It ended up being a great idea because I managed to finish my pizza while I waited for the train to arrive. #6 One of the charming things I enjoyed about the restaurant is the fact that it has minimal electricity in the dining area. The tables simply have several lit candles illuminating your meal. I wouldn't describe it as "romantic" but it gave the restaurant a great atmosphere. #7 I give Mayupata five stars for a wonderful staff and delicious food. If I were judging them on service they would receive two stars. #8 As long as you aren't part of a large group you will have a much easier time receiving your food. In that case...order a pizza!

• Visited December 2012