This was THE most expensive hotel I have ever stayed at and it was worth EVERY penny. What an amazing hotel in such a unique setting with 7 star service from when you get off the train in AC til u leave.
Jose at the restaurant catered to my every need and my very sensitive stomach. The menu at the restaurant is a suggestion. The staff will get you anything you want and deliver it with a smile. The solitude of the Orchid Walk and terrace was truly a sanctuary.
We loved it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Sanctuary Lodge is the only hotel located adjacent to the ancient Inca citadel of Machu Picchu. It offers its guests exceptionally easy access from early morning to late afternoon, when most of the day visitors and buses have left. Sit out on a terrace and savour Peruvian cuisine based on produce grown on the Lodge's own plot: this delightful hideaway is the perfect place to relax and unwind in the shadow of the Lost City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Belmond, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotel.de, Travelocity, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Belmond Sanctuary Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge By Orient-Express Hotel Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Hotel
- Sanctuary Lodge Machu Picchu