The Sanctuary Lodge in located close the the main entrance to Machu Picchu. The view of the mountains is wonderful even if there is no view of Machu Picchu from the Lodge. We bought Machu Picchu tickets for two days and staying at the Lodge gave us the opportunity to see and hike as much of Machu Picchu at we wanted without the hassle of taking the busses up and down and dealing with luggage storage. The food at the hotel's Tampu Restaurant is simply delicious. The mattress in our room was a little hard, but not enough to disturb our sleep. The hotel's grounds are small but lovely with an orchid garden and nice hot tub in back. They have two nice massage rooms, but we didn't use these services. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Sanctuary Lodge is the only hotel located adjacent to the ancient Inca citadel of Machu Picchu. It offers its guests exceptionally easy access from early morning to late afternoon, when most of the day visitors and buses have left. Sit out on a terrace and savour Peruvian cuisine based on produce grown on the Lodge's own plot: this delightful hideaway is the perfect place to relax and unwind in the shadow of the Lost City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Belmond, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotel.de, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Belmond Sanctuary Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge By Orient-Express Hotel Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Hotel
- Sanctuary Lodge Machu Picchu