Even with its great location the idea that you check in at 12:00 and then the bus leaves daily at 5:00 your stranded in the middle of a packed entry filled with bags. I really think one night is more than anyone would ever want to stay here. Move on down the river and check into a hotel with space. While it's location is great, all the busies start arriving early and it's like being at the grey hound station.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Sanctuary Lodge is the only hotel located adjacent to the ancient Inca citadel of Machu Picchu. It offers its guests exceptionally easy access from early morning to late afternoon, when most of the day visitors and buses have left. Sit out on a terrace and savour Peruvian cuisine based on produce grown on the Lodge's own plot: this delightful hideaway is the perfect place to relax and unwind in the shadow of the Lost City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Belmond, Despegar.com, Hotel.de, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Belmond Sanctuary Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge By Orient-Express Hotel Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Hotel
- Sanctuary Lodge Machu Picchu