This "no frills" lodge is the perfect accommodation for visiting the fabled ruins. The rooms are small and spartan but somehow seem appropriate for the occasion. The food and service are very good, and it's wonderful to be able to just "roll out of bed" and head for the mountain. The entrance to the ruins are only steps from the front door of the Lodge making it also convenient for collapsing at the end of a strenuous day of hiking. The ruins themselves are breathtaking - truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience. The whole package is truly unforgettable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Sanctuary Lodge is the only hotel located adjacent to the ancient Inca citadel of Machu Picchu. It offers its guests exceptionally easy access from early morning to late afternoon, when most of the day visitors and buses have left. Sit out on a terrace and savour Peruvian cuisine based on produce grown on the Lodge's own plot: this delightful hideaway is the perfect place to relax and unwind in the shadow of the Lost City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Belmond, Hotel.de, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Belmond Sanctuary Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge By Orient-Express Hotel Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Hotel
- Sanctuary Lodge Machu Picchu