As in the rest of Peru the staff was excellent. The room were nice and the amenities were what you expect from a top hotel.
The food was very good. We tried the buffet open to the public and it was just adequate. The dining room is the place to go especially as all you meals are included. Being next to the gate is wonderful. If you want to see the sun rise from the temple inside Machu Picchu staying here is the easiest (and probably the most expensive) way to go. Celebrate and do it.
- Also Known As:
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge By Orient-Express Hotel
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge By Orient-Express Hotel Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Hotel
- Sanctuary Lodge Machu Picchu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge is located right on top of the mountain, a couple of seconds from the Machu Picchu citadel (often referred as the Lost City of the Incas), and enjoys a prime position within the Sanctuary. Enjoy great orchid garden tours, humming bird watching, yoga classes, and taste exquisite dishes whilst relaxing next to one of the world's most famous places. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Amex, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Tingo, EasyToBook, Venere, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.