I first stayed here in 1973 and then again in 2005. What an experience. It is not so much the hotel. The rooms are nice. The food is good. This location is, well, unbeatable. Why stay at this hotel? By 3 PM when all the tourist leave Machu Picchu, you will understand. MP is leterally empty. The tourists have gone for the day. No more crowds and no more lines. Basically, it is just you and the ruins. Eat diner. Sleep and most of all, get a wake up call for 5:30 AM. Early morning exploring the ruins by yourself and maybe catching a sunrise can be a spiritual experience. Spend a few hours alone. Eat breakfast. And return to the ruins until the tourists arrive. The hotel and Machu Picchu are the experiences of a lifetime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge is located right on top of the mountain, a couple of seconds from the Machu Picchu citadel (often referred as the Lost City of the Incas), and enjoys a prime position within the Sanctuary. Enjoy great orchid garden tours, humming bird watching, yoga classes, and taste exquisite dishes whilst relaxing next to one of the world's most famous places. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orient Express, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Belmond Sanctuary Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge By Orient-Express Hotel Machu Picchu
- Machu Picchu Sanctuary Hotel
- Sanctuary Lodge Machu Picchu