“Review of the Qoya Guesthouse” 5 of 5 stars

Guesthouse Qoya
Calle Jose Balta 27, Peru   |
Ranked #10 of 129 Sacred Valley B&B and Inns
Napa, California, United States
“Review of the Qoya Guesthouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I am a Chiropractor who stayed at the Guesthouse while serving at the Kausi Wasi Clinic in Qoya. My stay at the guesthouse was superb. Every accommodation needed was met with ease. The rooms are quiet and peaceful. The owners of the guesthouse went out their way to ensure that our stay went well, going the extra mile in every way. The home cooked food was enjoyable and felt as if it were cooked with love. The owners have extensive knowledge of the Sacred Valley and it's people. We plan to come back yearly to serve at the clinic in Qoya. Knowing that we will have the guesthouse to return too made the decision to come back an easy one. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Napa, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I recently stayed at the Guesthouse Qoya while in Qoya for a service trip at the Kausay Wasi clinic in town. They (Norbert and his daughter who was there as well) absolutely took care of me, and my team. I felt like I had a support crew, especially when I needed some help going to the extra mile to assist me with the loss of my passport. They treated my loss as if it was their own- taking extra care to make sure I was taken care of. We stayed a little over a week while we were doing service and they always took care of us- meals, extras here and there- and in general I felt that while I was there we were treated more as friends/family than as strangers in a hotel- while they still gave us all of the privacy and space we needed. I would highly recommend this special location to anyone seeking out a special experience in the Sacred Valley. When you are in Qoya you are a little removed from all of the tourist restaurants etc. yet you have the opportunity to experience what its like to be in a real town in the Sacred Valley full of Peruvians/Quechua folks- with sweet hiking trails just over the bridge and views of the valley. Its also very inexpensive from there to head over for a visit to the Pisaq market or restaurants or into Urubamba for a night out or to visit El Seminario. Its a sweet option if you are planning a few days of exploring the Sacred Valley before heading to Ollyantaytambo for the train to Aguas Caliente. We look forward to returning next year.

Room Tip: Great options for rooms I especially like the ones that face out over the hills rather than the town...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Salem, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

The facilities were lovely, clean, and well cared for. The garden is spectacular. The food was outstanding. However, after having worked and stayed in South America for several months over the past 10 years, I've never felt so safe or felt so much personal care. Even when traveling to other tourist sites, Tina arranged for transport from one area to another. After traveling in other parts of Peru, we felt like we needed to stop to say goodbye even though it was a bit out of our way. They really make us feel like we are family.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dunedin, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

We were treated like royalty! They always went above and beyond to make sure we were completely satisfied. Organized, helpful, comfortable, beautiful rooms in an awesome house with adorable dogs, yummy food and very close to everything you'll want to see in Coya!

Room Tip: They are all peaceful!
Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Qoya Guesthouse went out of their way to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. Lovely home, delicious food and very knowledgeable about the area. They helped us make decisions about what to do. They were great about making reservations and even checking with others to make sure we were getting the best. So much better than what we'd been able to do over the internet from home.

Monmouth, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

A neighbor suggested my sister, niece and I stay at Qoya Guesthouse and what a fantastic recommendation it was! Everyone was very hospitable, warm and welcoming going out of their way to make the most of our time in Peru. The room we shared was spacious yet cozy and quiet. The dinners were excellent in quality and quantity. Our compliments to the cook! We ate ate one of the best restaurants in Lima and yet the savory dishes at Qoya still were some of my favorites. Recommended without hesitation. Leonard Monmouth, OR USA

Salem, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

What a great place to stay!

The owners are kind, helpful, honest and personable.

The hotel is quaint and clean.
The landscaping is beautiful and well done. Very pleasant to look at from your window or from the front porch.

I felt very safe there.

Breakfast was always very good. Lots of dinner choices and always well prepared. The staff cooked as if they were cooking for their family! It was nice having a mini bar downstairs....when I wanted a beer or bottled water, there it was!

I felt as if I were coming "home" to the guesthouse each night. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and cannot wait to return.

The cost of my stay was totally appropriate.

I highly recommend Guesthouse Qoya.

LsL

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Guesthouse Qoya? Share your experiences!