“Just a walk distance” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Santiago, Chile
“Just a walk distance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

If you are hosted in hotel Atton or Tallanes , this is a good and cheap option 5mn walk.Large choice of japanese type food and excellent service with a lot of waiters

Visited May 2013

suluu
“Friendly staff, Great Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We were excited to try Japanese food in Lima! We made reservations for 8:45 pm; when we arrived many tables were empty, but started filling up around 9-9:30 pm so we'd suggest making reservations. The staff is jolly and kind.

We were tempted to try Omakase, which was about S/.150-180 per person (I believe) but opted for more economical selection of the sushi boat for two (about that price, total).

We ordered hot tea and my husband got a Sapporo - which was pricey and silly as he should have ordered a local beer. Sapporo comes to Peru via the US, and is thereby pricey at S/.28 the equivilent of our dessert order.

The sushi boat came with selection of delicious sashmi, including salmon, tuna and yellow tail (I think. It also came with shrimp sushi. The best and most interesting was the maki (as we call, rolls) that had Peruvian flavors and some interesting ingredients such as cream cheese (fancy, though). I wasn't sure it would be filling, but it was! A little bit of everything which is nice. The menu is quite large so the sushi boat made ordering a bit easier.

Our waiter recommended a dessert of banana in phyllo dough (then fried) with ice cream - was delicious and a generous portion.

I think our bill with tip came to about $80 USD which I think is good compared to US standards for good sushi, particularly with a celebrity chef's name behind it.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent sushi, nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I ate here probably 3-4 times while I was in Lima for business for a couple of weeks. The sushi is great and I found it to be a good place to go when you have to eat dinner alone. You can just grab a seat at the sushi bar and watch the chef work his magic. I will return the next time I'm in Lima.

Visited January 2013
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Quality Fish, But Hard if You're Lactose Intolerant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I loved the quality of the fish - the lenguado (sole) and scallops especially. And I loved that the sushi chef made a meal just for me (Omakase) and he knew how to avoid dairy and gluten, but it didn't leave many options. I bring my own gluten-free soy sauce when I go, though.

They didn't have a really wide selection of fish but that's good because they were only using what was seasonal. Unfortunately, most of the fish was pretty bland and they couldn't add cream cheese, tempura or Japanese soy-heavy sauces to make it more interesting. The best nigiri was sole with a slice of avocado and a little ginger on one side and a little diced lime on the other. It was subtle and beautiful.

The tuna was maguro (the red kind) and while it had some flavour and was fairly tender, it was just alright.

The chef tried to do a shrimp roll with sole and wrapped it in cucumber. It was a nice presentation but pretty bland. The fresh crab also tasted like nothing on top of more sole used as a maki wrapper.

And it seems like it's hard to find good sake in this city. Even at the best restaurants, I always get asked, "Hot or cold?" I want to know the brand, the type, and see a list with more information. So stick to wine, a fruit juice or a cocktail. Pisco sours are really popular with sushi, which makes sense because of the refreshing lemon. At 40% alcohol, it's higher in alcohol by double, though, so be careful.

Visited January 2013
“Japanese sushi bar with slight peruvian fusion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This restaurant is one of my favorite sushi bars in Lima. The quality and freshness of the ingredients can be felt with every bite.

This sushi bar has historic importance regarding japanese and peruvian fusion. Nobu has left an important influence here.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere