“Bravissimo Senor Bravo” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bravo Restobar

Bravo Restobar
Av. Conquistadores 1005, San Isidro, Lima, Peru (San Isidro)
51 1 2215700
Neighborhood: San Isidro
Toronto, Canada
“Bravissimo Senor Bravo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This lively resto/bar is high on my list of restaurants to dine at in Lima. I have been enjoying the fine cuisine and attentive service for several years now and continue to be pleasantly surprised with every new experience.

I love the atmoshpere, the classic ambience, the attention to detail, and the wonderful service. The staff are quite knowledgeable and very personable. There is a good variety on the menu and the dishes are both creative and delicious. The ceviche - an explosion of tastes! The salmon/fish carpaccio with quinoa - gorgeous and yummy! The lomo saltado - so tender! The yellow potatoes - soo good! The tuna - it's one of my favorites! And now I can add tres leches to that favorite list - so decadently wow!

Of course, I had to indulge in wine and was happy to know that the malbec house wine was a good contender to the rest of the list. I opted for the Luigi Bosca the second night on the advice of Senor Bravo and it was music to my nose.

Thanks to Christian Bravo and the rest of his amazing staff for a delightful evening. We were honoured with the great chef's company and a lesson ( right at our table) in how to prepare the perfect ceviche! How special was that?

I have indulged in hundreds of top quality restaurants in my life-time and Bravo is ranked right up on that mountain peak!

Muchissima gracias y buen provecho.

Donata

• Visited January 2013

82% Recommend
Canada
“Amazing resto/bar with great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I had been there only once before, met the owner/chef Mr. Bravo and we had talked a bit and enjoyed the food and the place so much that I went back this week . Again we met(3 of us) the chef and started to talk more about our love for Peruvian food( he offered us a beautiful plate of carpaccio) and I told him how one day I would like to know how to make ceviche ..... to our surprise , the next thing we see is Mr. Bravo making ceviche in front of us at our table !!! UNBELIEVABLE !!! It was amazing ..... But I must say that this is very unusual ..... don' t expect that at each visit :)
But the food is fantastic and the service is very good , The waiters are always there when you need them without being in your face all the time. Great ambiance in a great area of Lima (San Isidro). Great food and at very reasonable price .

• Visited January 2013
Geneva
“Good restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Restaurant with great atmosphere. Good food..Pity many of the food is proposed with risotto and pasta. Try 'Surf y Turf Criolla' and 'Tiradito Mar'. Great Piscosur

Visited January 2013
Caracas, Distrito Federal, Venezuela
“Nice Bar!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed at the NH Lima Hotel, which is just around the corner of Bravo Restobar. I went there with a friend around 11pm for a drink, and we were surprised. We were lucky to get a couple of seat at the bar, and just asked for a random drink, and they were all great. We took 3 each, and they were all good. Prices a reasonable.

I don't give 5 stars because I feel the restaurant ambience is much more predominant than the Bar, I would have loved to see more people talking to each other standing, music a little louder and better pre-party vibe. We did not eat at all (previously had dinner) but I have to mention that other tables dishes looked great!

I recommend it for a good drink, probably good food, while being able to hold a conversation!.

Visited December 2012
Asia Peru
“A fantastic revisit to a great restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The valet parking is great and always friendly. We visited on a Sunday and it was a buffet. I am not a lover of buffets but I decided to give it a bash even if they still had the full menu available. I was very pleased with the quality selection of great dishes, the assortment of appetizers, main courses and desserts were wonderful. To start they brought out a fresh made ceviche and offered more if needed, after the journey to the buffet and the desserts the waiter offered a wonderful crepe and I sampled that also. The service is always very good here and Christian Bravo is not only a Star he is a wonderful kind host. I will always have Bravo on my return list of restaurants.

• Visited October 2012