“Functional, Clean and well Located” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Andina Classic - Miraflores Centro

Save Saved
You added Casa Andina Classic - Miraflores Centro to your Saves list
Casa Andina Classic - Miraflores Centro
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Petit Thouars 5444 | Miraflores, Lima 033, Peru (Formerly Hotel Es Mundo)   |
Ranked #71 of 196 hotels in Lima
Australian in Europe
“Functional, Clean and well Located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This was the last hotel on trip to Puno, Lake Titicaca and La Paz.
As with all the other Casa Andina Hotels we have stayed in this one was functional, clean and well located.

The big difference with this hotel is the type of guests. It seems that most may be starting or ending their trips at this hotel and as such are arriving early in the day and staying for 1 night. Therefore, front desk is a little busier than the more remote locations of this chain. Firtunatley even though we arrive quite early the tour company was able to get us into room early for our 1 night stay.

Room was quite large, quiet(Faced main road o/s bit did not hear any noise), clean.
There are elevators in this Casa Andina(suspect because it is in city of Lima).

Breakfast was a continental presentation but was not well organised on a number of times food presentation plates were empty and tables sometimes took a while to be cleared. However, still only a minor complaint.

The location is great as there are markets everywhere, PO just up the road, a huge Computer shopping centre also just up the road for anything you might need, The access to the main centre of the city(shops and restaurants) and Kennedy Park is also some 5 minutes away.
Some 20 - 30 minutes walk past Kennedy park one reaches the Ocean and the huge shopping mall(being renovated with new shops etc.) - only eyesore are all the American type eating places(KFC, Macdonalds, Tony Romas etc.).
Walking around Lima during the day and evening did not feel unsafe.

So if one is in Lima to enjoy it's amazing architecture and history and are there for 1 - 3 days and not after 5 star treatment this hotel is clean, functional and well located.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

357 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Exeter, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel is in a great location 2 minutes walk from the centre of Miraflores, one of Lima's best districts. However the hotel is noisy, and is in need of some TLC - A/C, windows, bathroom furnishings all a bit tired.
The staff are very friendly and helpful and the breakfast is basic.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
CasaAndina_CS, Propietario at Casa Andina Classic - Miraflores Centro, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your impressions with us. As a top contributor of TripAdvisor, your review is greatly appreciated.

We are sorry if we did not meet your expectations this time. As you mentioned, our hotel is located in the center of Miraflores, near markets and some of the main city attractions. Nevertheless, our windows are sound proofed in order to guarantee our guests ‘good sleep.

We wanted to tell you that your impressions have been shared with our team and we will definitely consider them for future improvement plans.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope we can welcome you again at any of our hotels.

Best regards,
The Casa Andina Team
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed here as part of our month long trip to Peru/Bolivia. The hotel is fairly average in terms of room size etc but it is very well located opposite the Indian Market and only five minutes walk from the central area of Miraflores and Kennedy Park. The staff were very helpful and breakfast was more than adequate. Rooms on first floor can be a bit noisy though.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed at the Casa Andina Classic for two nights prior to my flight to Cusco. It is a fairly small hotel, so it had a bit of a ‘homey’ feel to it. I would not use the word luxury to describe it, but it was a comfortable stay and the price was right. Located in Lima’s Miraflores Centro, it is within easy walking distance to the ‘Inca Market’ and many other shops and restaurants. The bed was very comfortable for me and I had no trouble sleeping both nights, which is unusual because I usually have trouble sleeping when I first check in to a hotel. The bathroom was a bit cramped and could stand some upgrades. The bathroom door would not stay open; it would keep hitting me as I was standing in front of the sink brushing my teeth, which was a bit annoying.
Breakfast came with the room, which included a very nice selection of fruit, cheese, bread, cereal, eggs, etc. that was very good. The eating area was also comfortable. Best of all was the staff; they were extremely helpful and very pleasant. The airline lost my suitcase and several staff members went out of their way to contact the airline trying to find out if they had located my bag and if/when it might make an appearance at the hotel prior to my departure. Unfortunately it did not. I was a bit disappointed that they did not offer a toothbrush and toothpaste when I initially checked in, since I did not have my luggage. I had to go out and find a convenience store to purchase them.
If you do stay at this hotel, be warned that the traffic in Lima can be horrendous, so what may be advertised as “just a 15 minute ride to the airport” could in fact be closer to an hour with traffic. But any hotel in that area will be the same. Overall a good experience for a few days.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
London, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My wife and I spent two nights here whilst on holiday. The hotel is very conveniently situated in the centre of Miraflores but we did find it extremely noisy, both because of the traffic outside and because of tour groups crashing about at the crack of dawn and bouncing their suitcases downstairs when they could not fit into the single, antiquated lift. Our room was spacious but very basic and the bathroom was distinctly tired and in need of refurbishment. On the plus side we found all the staff to be very friendly and helpful, the breakfasts were good and the WiFi was excellent. I wouldn't rush back but I suspect it may be difficult to find anything better at the same price in this area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel is majorly in need of renovation - very tired and old.

Ok, the worse thing about this hotel is that there is no WATER PRESSURE in the SHOWER. I felt like I was taking a shower with someone holding a dripping hose over me and the water was barely luke-warm - plus the shower head was low (I'm 6'2") and I had to bend awkwardly over just to put my head under this dripping, luke warm water.... HORRIBLE way to take a fricking shower. When I travel, I like to be clean and I like to take a nice comfortable shower - in a quick manner - not spending a long time trying to get some water over me to wash off... argh.

The second worse thing is the ridiculously small security box in the room.
This is an example of how this hotel never upgraded since 1979. Back in the 70's people didn't have laptops, thus most people only needed to lock jewelery and passports. Well, in the modern age they have laptops and these silly little lockboxes cannot take anything larger than some passports and phones. I also have a large SLR camera and an ipad. I couldn't lock any of these in the room - I just tried to hide them. Also, the lockboxes are these very old antiquated mechanical locks - not the digital ones on the larger boxes in other nicer hotels.

Third: no outlets to accommodate North American electrical devices.
Really? What year is this? Every other hotel I stayed in Lima had outlets that accommodated North American plugs... even cheaper hotels. I mean really? Again, another example of how this hotel seriosuly needs to renovate and get into the 21st century. Also, when I called downstairs in this so-called 3 star hotel to ask for an adapter so I could plug my laptop in, they said, "Oh, we only a few and they are all checked out, but we have some you can buy!" WOW... this is a hotel which is part of a well known chain that's supposed to very reputable and they don't have outlets that accommodate plugs from a country that is the home of probably a large precentage of tourists that visit the hotel?

Fourth: the very small antiquated elevator. Seriously, only one person with their luggage can take this main elevator from the lobby and you have to operate it by manually closing the door. Not nice when there's multiple customers waiting to get upstairs.

Fifth: The decor of the room was very outdated and old... it felt like the furniture in the room was falling apart and to top this all off, the price is too high. You can get a better deal close by with other nice hotels.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Excellent location. Just a walking distance from bests restaurants and attractions in Miraflores. Several handicraft markets just across the street and arqueological site Huaca Pucllana within a few blocks Staff is attentive and but misinformed when you ask for places and directions. Cleaning is excellent. Breakfast is quite good. Beds are extremely comfortable, high quality on sheets and towels and a great shower waiting after a long day of walking this beautiful city. That's all I need. No complaints so I definitely will come back.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Casa Andina Classic - Miraflores Centro? Share your experiences!