“First and second impressions last...a lifetime.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Miraflores Hostal Senorial

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lima
Miraflores Hostal Senorial
Jose Gonzales 567 Miraflores, Lima, Peru (Miraflores)   |
Ranked #102 of 196 hotels in Lima
Westwood Los Angeles County, California
“First and second impressions last...a lifetime.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

I had the pleasure of taking a trip to Peru for the first time at the end of September through early October 2010. I used Rosario Lombardi at LatinAmerica4less to secure my trip. For those who see great deals through LatinAmerica4less, but are weary about booking; the key is to stay on top of your agent. No really... email often and follow-up with telephone calls, especially as your trip date approaches and you are awaiting your travel documents; you will have nothing to be concerned about , if you do the aforementioned.

My first and third night in Lima was spent at Hotel Senorial. Sure, I read the reviews prior to traveling, but they really didn't convey an accurate view of the hotel. Now, in all fairness, I think the hotel owner(s) are renovating one side of the hotel. Unfortunately, that is not the side that my room was on during my two nighrt stay.

The hotel is within walking distance of a mall, many casinos, banks, several shops, and a couple of grocery stores. The hotel front entrance, lobby and surround courtyard was clean and appeared maintained. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful.

My first hotel room was just that... a basic outdated clean room without any frills which was on the top level of a building with no elevator. The curtain rod was broken so I had to stand on a chair to basically try to fix it so that guest who passed by the window couldn't see inside. The bathroom was clean with a window that faced another room with a metal staircase that was quite creepy.

The second room was a lower corner room that was so very disappointing and disqusting that I darn near stayed up all night at the local shopping mall just so that I would not have to sit on the bed, be in the room or look at the very large plastic picture window that was held up with clear masking tape. The front door had about an inch and a half of space between it and the floor, so needless to say between the window and the door the room was very cold. Oh, did I mention that their was no heater in the room? The closet was molded, the floor was dirting and the bathroom...whew; let's just say that I refused to do anything besides brush my teeth in preparation for my very early flight to Cuzco. You can see the pictures for a better understanding of why I was disgusted.

The food at the hotel, well I refused to eat breakfast during the first day when I saw something float out of the hot water container. Which was right before I sat down and was told that there was hair floating in the fruit tray. Yes, all bad!!! Needless to say, I didn't even bother to enter the outdoor dining area on my second stay at the hotel.

Let me add that 90% of our tour group of 28 complained after our first night at Hotel Senorial and was displeased by having to return on night three: especially after spending two other nights at much better hotels. LatinAmerica4less, classified Hotel Senorial as standard. Really, I felt like the hotel needed to be closed until all rooms were either totally demolished or renovated to 2010 regulation standards.

Final advice, if you have the option to upgrad from standard to superior in Lima or staying at Hotel Senorial.... UPGRADE!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Washington, D.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

The Senorial is a very nice hotel; a beautiful buidling, helpful staff, and comfortable rooms. Well located.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Delaware, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2009

I have stayed here four times now on visiting Lima for business and will certainly return. This is a nice, quiet, safe, and clean basic hotel with a lovely interior courtyard and very kind and professional staff. The rooms are not fancy but they have all the necessities. The location is super, right in the center of Miraflores. You can't beat the price for the quality.

Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
East Village, New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2009

I stayed here for a couple of nights at the end of a longish research trip in the Andes. Very nice place. Rooms in the old part of the hotel are large and charming (haven't seen the newer rooms). Wireless internet. Good breakfast. Popular with the research/NGO crowd. We paid $52/night for single rooms (booked via email: reservas@senorial.com).

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Los Altos, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2009

I've stayed here several times and love it. The hotel is an expanded old-style colonial house that is divided into two parts: the newer motel-like rooms with paper-thin walls which I try to avoid, and the older room which are quite spacious. The rooms on the outside get a bit of street noise, but the rooms on the inner courtyard are quite quiet. The location is great--within a few blocks of LarcoMar shopping center in one direction and a few more blocks of downtown Miraflores in the other direction. The neighboorhood is a good, safe one. The hotel attracts a lot of NGO/PeaceCorps/student/business types who often hold meetings or congregate in the little bar/restaurant in the center of the courtyard, giving the place quite a lively, friendly atmosphere. The staff is friendly and helpful, and while I could afford to stay at a more expensive and more luxurious place in Lima, I always come back here.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2009

This hotel is a great place to stay. We stayed 3 nights and found the rooms comfortable, buffet breakfast really good and the staff friendly and helpful. A great little retreat from the hype of Lima. Within walking distance to the beachside restaurants and all facilities - we even ran along the walkway above the beach on 2 mornings. Despite Hotel staff being worried about our safety we took the local bus into Lima - a great experience and very safe.
Hotel arranged a driver for a trip to Inca ruins that worked out really well. Would certainly recommend this hotel. A lot of older travellers staying. 3 Internet terminals (in need of new keyboards).

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2009

This hotel was very nice!
Positive: CLEAN, people are friendly, proffesional, cozy, great location! Nice, walking distance Larco Mar and other nice areas. You feel safe and I travel with 3 small children. You can pay a little extra to stay after the 1PM checkout time. Overall this little hotel was very nice and I will be staying here when I return.

Negative: The only thing i would change is the carpet, it is clean but the old carpet makes the rooms look outdated and dull. They made me pay for a full night when I arrived on Saturday morning at about 2 am, but that is every hotel - not specific to Se~orial.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family

Been to Miraflores Hostal Senorial? Share your experiences!