“Great service friendly personnel close to the business center” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Basadre Suites Boutique Hotel

You added Basadre Suites Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Basadre Suites Boutique Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Ave. Jorge Basadre 1310 | San Isidro, Lima, Peru (San Isidro)   |
Ranked #56 of 207 Hotels in Lima
Miami
“Great service friendly personnel close to the business center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The location is perfect 200 mts far from the golf country club and less than a mile away from the business district. Service was great and staff was very attentive. Price was really good and rooms and small restaurant (food was surprisingly great) were excellent.

• Stayed January 2013
ventassanIsdroLima, Owner at Basadre Suites Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
I take pride on my employess, they are my most valuable asset! Thank you, on behalf of my entire team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Chile
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My kids and I spend few days at Basadre Hortel in Lima Peru. Was a great place to be, secure, prestine, elegant and with confort. The rooms was alot better than a regular room, with a great pool and atmosfera. I will recommended this hotel to every one. The personnel was educate and ready to help us at all the time. Was a great experience. This boutique hotel is exactly what we was looking. Near to the city on the best area of Lima.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for your review; yes, our pool is great, and specially now, our summer season. We hope to see you back, real soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Having stayed at Basadre many times, I hesitated writing this review since I only stayed there a few hours. I was only passing through Lima on my way to Boliva, then Argentina and back to America. I arrived in Lima late and my flight to Bolivia was early. After arriving at the airport I found my flight had been canceled and the airline was not interested in helping me rearrange my itinerary. I called Basadre suites looking for help. Fiorella was my savior. I explained what had happened and asked would she please help. She not only rearranged my flights, including my return to the States, she contacted the travel agents to let them know what happened. Everything went perfectly. Thanks again to Basadre Suites and Fiorella you saved the day...

• Stayed August 2012
Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I’m a 6 months pregnant woman who is also a business traveler and I always look to stay at hotels chains because I know exactly what expected from them during my trips. In my trip to Lima, from the 4 nights I will expend here, I couldn’t book the first night at the hotel chain: they were full and let me know about it. I’ve diced to book that uncovered night at this “boutique hotel”. I thought, “Well it is just one night, what can happen?” happened that, when I got to the hotel: 6 months pregnant, tired and with a full schedule ahead me, they informed that: “we are over booking”. The solution the rude lady offered was that: drove me to a lower rate hotel, what is old, smelly and dark, refused to refund me and blamed Orbtiz for the overbooking, besides to use that tone “I’m doing a favor to you to finding another room”.
The worst experience I ever head with a hotel reservation, whose was already paid! I never stay at that “boutique hotel” and never will!

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ventassanIsdroLima, General Manager at Basadre Suites Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you for your kind review, we wish you the best with your new baby.
As to clearly state, Lima was full when you tried to make a reservation in a major hotel chain. Well, even large hotels have problems dealing with supply and demand. We only have 20 rooms and one of our guests extended his stay, so, upon your arrival we also had a family with an elderly relative and we had no choice, but to send you to another hotel.
Like I said before, Lima was full due to a mining event ''Expomina 2012" and "Mistura" food festival, all hotels were overbooked. We called 22 hotels; The only hotel available was the one you talk about and we had no intention in annoying you or trying to make you feel unconfortable, nor we were trying to save money on a cheap hotel.
I just spend my anniversary in a ''Major Chain Hotel'' and the junior suite was lavishly, but, believe it or not, the sheet that covers the matress was to small and as soon as we lay in bed, the matress was exposed and stay that way all night. So, as you may see: even large hotel chains, does not have every thing under control: I understand that situation and did not post a negative review in trip advisor.
Thanks again for taking your time to write and once again, good luck with your baby.
Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Whilst there were some good points to this "hotel" I would not return due to extremely poor service and better value elsewhere.

Service and rudeness was a major problem for an establishment that claims to be a hotel. It started with a unhelpful receptionist who failed to organize our airport transfer despite a confirmation phone call (we were left stranded at the airport at 4 am) and moved on to them not being able to find our booking despite our call and email that we would arrive at this time. If you are not a strong spanish speaker you will be troubled.

The service continued to be poor - We had to ask for fresh towels and toilet paper as none were provided on day 2 and 3. We also could not use the in room safe for 24 hours because they could not find the key. The front desk wanted to charge us US10 to help us make a late night phone call for pizza which was a severe rip off.

By far the MOST dissapointing aspect of our stay was when we came back to our room in the mid-morning and found the cleaning staff wearing my sunglasses and TAKING PHOTOS of themselves. This is clearly unacceptable and we felt violated - what else went on whilst we were away I do not know.

Overall the location/area was pleasant and very safe, the hotel had big rooms and comfortable beds, but the experience with staff and service left a bad taste in our mouths. I would recommend staying elsewhere for the price (which is comparable to more reputable chains such as the IBIS) if you are a tourist. Not recommended for English-only speakers.

Room Tip: The 3 rooms we saw were all comparably OK.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ventassanIsdroLima, Manager at Basadre Suites Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear Sir:
Thanks for you review.
Fortunately, we have satisfied customers from all walks of life and from all over the worl.
We have been in business for the past 15 years and we take pride in running a family owned business with the ut most respect and consideration for our guests.
I respect your opinion and regret the fact that you did not have a pleasant stay at our hotel.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I love staying at Basadre Suites. It's my favorite hotel in all of Peru. Located in the upscale suburb of San Isidro, you can be assured of shopping and fine dining just a short walk away. The neighborhood is filled with foreign embassies and stately old villas.
Their staff is second to none. They will help arrange tours/trips or you can hire their private driver(Carpio) for inexpensive tours around Lima. They even remembered to have the fridge stocked with Inca Cola Zero for me.
The mornings at Basadre are the best. There is a complimentary international breakfast buffet with meats, cooked to order eggs, fruits, fresh juice and fresh baked bread from a nearby bakery. You can sit in the beautiful courtyard and listens sounds of city while drinking your coffee.
Thanks Basadre for another wonderful stay. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed July 2012
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I had a wonderfull experience at Basadre, great location,great sercice, and a good budget, the girls of the front desk were very nice,my room was comfortable and the buffet breakfast was great ,also try the lomo saltado a peruvian dish tha is excellent!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Basadre Suites Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!