“It's a salad - but at least you have options” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #461 of 1,081 Restaurants in Lima
Cuisines: Vegan, Healthy, Café, Soups
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Takeout, Delivery
Description: Design Your Salad is a cafe/art gallery/restaurant. It works as a self service restaurant located in downtown Miraflores. Our menu has all types of salads, wraps, soups, sandwiches, homemade dressing, desserts and much more. We are committed to serving healthy food in a fast, fun, responsible, and affordable way!
Lima, Peru
“It's a salad - but at least you have options”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Today was the second time my wife and I have eaten at the 'Design Your Salad'. It is located just a bit to the South of where Larco and 28 de Julio meet. The place seems to be busy, although we were easily able to get a table today. The options seem to be to eat in, phone in an order, or even have it delivered. We have only eaten at the restaurant so far.

Today, my wife and I had the Cesar salad, running about S/.19. For an extra S/.2, you can have the salad as 2 wraps. They also provide the dressing in a little pitcher. Being a carnivore, it still seemed like a good salad to me. I did not need to be dragged to the place.

As is noted by the name, you can design your own salad. Yes, you can order salads off the menu, such as we did. On the previous visit, I did not really want one of the canned salads. So, on the backside of the menu, you can go down the list and create a salad your way. You chose the types of lettuce, the type of meet, the dressing, and any extras. I think everything is in Spanish, and I can't say I recognized all of the options. But I think it worked well.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bayside, New York
“You don't real Design your own Salad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Portions are good tasty ..15 soles for a salad ..it's ok ..if you go after 12:30 you have to wait a while for a table, get there early.. Nice atmosphere ....

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
buenos aires argentina
“Fantastic place, even if you're not a salad lover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I wanted to have lunch at Design Your Salad, but the place was very crowded and I was too hungry to wait. I went back, this evening and am I glad that I did. I had the "Andina" salad, which was outstanding. Very reasonably priced and could probably be shared by 2 people.
I spoke with the owner, who told me that they have been open
for a year and a second loction is being planned. I also bought a piece of carrot cake, but that will have to wait, until tomarrow, as the salad filled me up.
They are open from 7:30 AM to 11:00 PM on 28 de Julio right off Av Larco.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Egypt
“Fantastic Concept but Fell a Little Short”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Love, love, love the idea of a soup and salad place. Especially one where you can build your own salad and even turn it into a wrap. Healthy and yummy. This place provides lots of options, fresh ingredients, and a fun relaxed environment.

Unfortunately they swapped my wrap with my husband's and me being a vegetarian and him a carnivore...well...you can see how this could spell DiSaStEr! Then our wraps had way more lettuce than any of the other ingredients. I do have to say that the dressings we got were yummy - a sweet Asian dressing and a spicy mayo. I recommend both. Loved the crunchy onions but I only got 2 slim slivers. Cucumber - yum....but only 3 squares!

I thought we would give them another try, maybe we caught them on a bad day, everyone has one of those. So we called for delivery. Called, and called and called and it was either busy or no answer for over 30 minutes which was very frustrating.

This could be a fabulous place I would go to quite frequently if they could just get all their ducks in a row :). Will definitely give them another try soon and hope for the best.

• Visited November 2013