“Excellent Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 207 Hotels in Lima
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

My partner and I just completed our stays at the Hilton Miraflores and could not be more satisfied with our experience. The hotel and location are top-notch, as are all the amenities including a beautiful rooftop pool and executive lounge with outstanding complimentary food, but what really impressed us was the tremendous service we received from the staff. Even before we arrived, the conceirges, Juan and Jorge, arranged for a car to pick us up from the airport (much safer than hailing a taxi). And, even though we arrived at 5:00am from our overnight flight, the front desk allowed us to check in extra early at no extra charge. The great service continued throughout our stay, including arranging for a city tour and more car services. After the first two nights, we departed for Cusco, and I realized a couple days later that I had left a pair of pants in the closet. I emailed the conceirges and they assured me that the pants had been located and would be ready for me upon our return visit. And, they were. Besides Juan and Jorge at the conceirge desk, the following staff deserve a special shout-out for treating us so well: Grecia and Patricia at the front desk, who arranged for a complimentary upgrade, and Daniel, the hotel's manager, with whom we had a very pleasant conversation as we were departing. I also want to mention that we are a gay couple, and everyone was totally welcoming of us. Top scores in every category to this outstanding hotel!

Room Tip: Pay for the upgrade to the executive lounge - - it's well worth it. The food there is outstand...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonLimaMiraflores, General Manager at Hilton Lima Miraflores, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear HowardinChicago,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to post such a pleasant review. Our staff truly does everything they can to fulfill the Hilton promise and I’m thrilled to hear they were able to provide you with the type of service you expect and deserve from a Hilton property. Our concierge and front office staff as you pointed out, do work very hard and I’m sure will be very happy to hear that they were able to make your Lima experience a pleasant one. I’ll be sure to share your comments with them as well as Daniel who is also an absolutely wonderful asset to our team. We really do appreciate all the feedback and upon your return, hope to provide you with an even more convenient executive lounge coffee experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Hilton Lima Miraflores

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Korean first
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Very good hotel located in Miraflores. The hotel is on the edge of Miraflores in a fairly quiet street (for Lima standards). The hotel is new and spottles. My only two complaints, they take ages to answer the phone within the hotel, a real pain, and the hotel taxis are not great cars and extremely expensive.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Baka77,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to leave us with your feedback. I hope the inconveniences you experienced were pale in comparison to the rest of your stay and that we were able to exceed your expectations. I will be sure to look into and address the telephone issues. Often times the wait time can be a little longer when our occupancy is as high. As for the hotel taxi service, unfortunately we are not able to pick the specific vehicle type that each guess prefers and understand that our fleet of Mercedes Bens may not be to every guests liking. Again thank you for the great review and we hope to see you again soon.

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

The hotel staff was very helpful finding transportation and attractions. They made my stay an exceptional one. The fitness room was well equipped: elliptical machines, stationary bike, treadmills and free weights. The pool was heated and very relaxing. I was able to get a late checkout because of a late flight. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Natalie Anne L,

Thank you so much for such a great review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we will have the pleasure of having you again soon. It sounds like you were able to take advantage not only of the hotels installations, but also all of what Lima has to offer. Thank you again for the kind remarks. We look forward to your return.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We spend a few days in this great place it is a brand new hotel with amazing rooms, wonderful food specially for breakfast with a delicious car full of pastries, breads, fresh juices, a really nice menu and service is also great with very friendly staff specially peret who was very helpful for directions and interesting places in lima, we really enjoy our time there.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Singaporetravelers,

Thank you for all of your kind remarks. It brings us great joy knowing we were able to make your stay with us a memorable one and we can only hope that you will visit us again in the future. Peru is quickly becoming a culinary destination and Executive Chef Renzo and his team take great pride in their work and making sure every guest leaves happy and full. I will be sure to share your comments with them. Thank you again for the great review and we look forward to your return.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This enormous Hilton Hotel is situated in one of the most popular (and safest) aeras of Lima called Miraflores. With easy access to a range of bars, restaurants and beaches, it is definitely in a great location.
The rooms are all modern, clean and spacious, with incredibly comfortable beds that you won't want to get out of. Perfect for those jetlagged European travellers.
Breakfast was a bit too fancy for my taste, there was no buffet, you were served at your table and a waiter/ess came around with a cart with tiny sandwhiches and snacks (you always felt a bit greedy asking for more than 3 or 4 things off the cart) and later you were asked to order cooked breakfast from the menu. I don't recommend the muesli, the bowls they bring are absolutely tiny and I still was not full after two portions. All a bit too posh for my taste, but I am sure others would disagree. The food itself was lovely though.
The hotel also has a gym and infinity pool up on the roof with fantastic views of the city.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HiltonLimaMiraflores, General Manager at Hilton Lima Miraflores, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Jana W,

Thank you for your kind words. I hope that we were able to not only meet but exceed your expectations and that you will be back to visit us a gain in the near future. For your next stay, allow me to recommend an executive room. All of our executive rooms offer complimentary access to the executive lounge where we have a more traditional buffet breakfast as well as complimentary light lunch and dinner, as well as a variety of complimentary drinks. According to your comments, I have a feeling this may be exactly what is needed to make you next stay even more perfect. Thank you again for choosing the Hilton Lima and for taking the time out to leave such great remarks.

Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stayed here for two nights before leaving for other parts of Peru. The hotel is very nice. The hotel is in walking distance to a lot of restaurants, shops, touristy areas, and whatnot. Has a rooftop pool and hot tub on the roof. The view isn't spectacular but it's not bad. If you can get Executive Floor Lounge access, it's well worth it for the views and the food (and great coffee!). The hostesses in there are top notch. I did have a struggle trying to get checked in (took me nearly two hours) due to my very early arrival and a fiasco about using my Honors points to book the same room retroactively for the previous night, and the front desk clerk was pretty much a pain the rear about the whole thing and of little help. I ended up being pretty disappointed in the way Hilton Honors and the Hilton Lima Miraflores decided to remedy the situation, but I wasn't going to let it ruin the start of a vacation.

However, after my trip was over, I received an invitation from the hotel to complete a satisfaction survey, and I let them know how disappointed I was with the whole check-in ordeal. I didn't expect anything to come of it, but a couple of days later I received an email from the hotel manager who had already contacted Hilton Honors and were in the process of setting things right. I thought that was an excellent bit of customer service and I am now a satisfied customer again. I won't ever get those 2 hours back, but it's nice to know that the hotel cares enough to follow up on issues and take care of them.

Room Tip: Ask for Executive lounge access
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear meskin73,

First and foremost let me begin by thanking you for choosing Hilton Lima Miraflores for your visit to Lima. At the end of the day, it is our wonderful guests and their feedback that enable us to continually work to improve our guest service and satisfaction. I am sorry for any inconvience the confusion at check in may have created. I can only hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again and provide you with the level of service and experience you expect. Thank you again for the feedback, it is truly appreciated. We hope to see you again soon.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The Hilton Hotel in Lima Peru, is a great place to stay in the Miraflores area. It's in a great location with plenty of restaurants, shopping, and site seeing. It is a fairly new hotel with state of the art rooms and great customer service. The executive lounge caters to your every needs. It's a must stay if you are in Lima Peru.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonLimaMiraflores, General Manager at Hilton Lima Miraflores, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Russell P,

Thank you for your kind words. As a team we work very hard to make sure every guest feels the warmth of hospitality as Conrad Hilton envisioned when he opened his first Hilton property. We are ecstatic to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we will have the pleasure of serving you again soon. Thank you again for the kind words.

Hilton Lima Miraflores

Been to Hilton Lima Miraflores? Share your experiences!