“Amazing hosts” 5 of 5 stars

Av. Ricardo Palma 955 | San Antonio, Miraflores, Lima 18, Peru (Miraflores)   |
Ranked #11 of 202 Lima B&B and Inns
“Amazing hosts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Apart from being in a great location on a nice park not far from the beachfront, the hospitality far exceeds any other hostel I have ever stayed at. Angelo and his wife go far and beyond all expectations and being newcomers to Peru this was just what we needed! Highly recommend!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

159 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Angelo and his family treated us like their own during our stay. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience and the hospitality. Angelo is a font of knowledge regarding Lima and Peru and was invaluable as a tour guide, with plenty of handy recommendations for dining out. Convenient location and comfortable facilities: highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

B&B Tradiciones is a great place but it is Sr, Angelo that makes it that way. He is an encyclopedia of information about Peru, Lima and Miraflores. As a solo traveler it was wonderful to have someone look after me so well. Angelo gave me a map of Miraflores and drew a walking route for me addressing all of my needs and interests (from a SIM card to a real Peruvian meal). After a full day I returned and had a nice cup of tea and then a nap in my small but very clean and comfy room. I had an abundance of hot water and water pressure in my private shower as well. As I was alone I had breakfast in the kitchen as opposed to my room and Angelo joined me for a lively discussion about politics, education, Peruvian history and weather - and most of all Peruvian cuisine. It was just like family. I highly recommend this B&B and it's great location in Miraflores.

Room Tip: I had a ground floor off the kitchen as I have trouble with stairs. For bigger and brighter rooms I...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

A lovely B&B. We immediately felt at home. The room is cosy and clean and the breakfast is served to the room.
The owner Angelo was so nice and helpful. He even exchanged money for us when we came late at night, directly from the airport (with a taxi he arranged for us) and bought bus tickets for us prior to our arrival.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
La Puente
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Angelo is a great source of information. Though he sometimes talks a little too much. They bring breakfast to your room, which was bread butter and juice. We had our own private shower, which had hot water but it ran out after about 10 minutes. the room was very clean. the house is located walking distance to the main sites in Mira Flores, which was the only part of Lima we wanted to see. The bed was more comfortable than most other places we stayed at as well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Boca Raton, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed at this place for two nights. I was in Room 202. Basically there is a small waiting room downstairs, and 5 rooms upstairs. They are very clean. They have Fluorescent lighting which can give an 80s vibe, but oh well, they are currently renovating it :) The only weird thing about my room was that there are 3 holes for ventilation in the bathroom door; so it can be a horrible soundtrack to listen to if you have a roommate with GI issues.

For breakfast, they had bread, jam, butter, a slice of cheese, a thermos of hot water and a glass of juice. It was delivered to the room.

At times, it felt super super quiet and i wished there was a bigger common area to hang out in so i could meet people....however, the other guests actually loved that it was very quiet; if you are tired of being around people, this can be a great place to hibernate.

The location is in Miraflores, but not in the main main center, about a 10 minute walk away.

The main star of this Hostel for me was Mr. Angelo; he is a very calm, intelligent, and knowledgable person. He speaks impeccable English and genuinely tries to help everyone. I was able to walk to Wong's supermarket, and from there, you can also take buses all around the city.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We had a great stay at B&B Tradiciones thanks primarily to our host (the owner) Angelo. He went out of his way to provide great service the following:
- Arranged for a taxi to pick us up from the hotel
- Assisted with booking tickets to climb Huyana Picchu
- Recommended great things to see, do and how to get there

The accommodation was good, our room was clean, comfortable and spacious. Breakfast was brought to our room every morning. Everything was within a 10/15 minute walk and the B&B is in a pleasant, safe suburb. It was easy to catch public transport into the city centre.

The only things to note are that you have to provide your own shampoo (soap and towels however are provided) and that if you want to shower at night, you have to ask for the hot water to be turned on (but in only takes 15/20 minutes to warm up - they normally turn the hot water on in the morning).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to B&B Tradiciones? Share your experiences!