“Good location and clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel La Castellana

and 1 more site!
You added Hotel La Castellana to your Saves list
Hotel La Castellana
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Grimaldo Del Solar St 222 | Miraflores, Lima 18, Peru (Miraflores)   |
Ranked #88 of 207 Hotels in Lima
London
“Good location and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

We stayed here a very short time, it was clean, spacious and comfortable and breakfast was included. The location is good, it's just a short 10 minutes away from the centre of the Miraflores area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

If I could go back in time, instead of booking the two nights before my tour began at a cheaper locale, I would have just spent the extra money and stayed here. It wasn't that much more, objectively, and it was about 100x nicer. The staff was a bit reserved but they were very easygoing about letting us check in very early (10:30am--we were keen to get out of our crappy hostel) as there was a room available. The room was dark because of all the wood paneling, but that plus the heavy blankets and comfortable bed made for a wonderful night's sleep. The included breakfast was nothing to write home about, but the dining area and interior courtyard were both adorable. The location is fabulous--right on a swish street in Miraflores and close to everything. There are tons of GAP tours going through here--if you're one of them and arriving in Lima early, I would definitely recommend adding this as a pre-tour accommodation.

• Stayed August 2010
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

a really nice building and very asthetically pleasing. be prepared to walk up many flights of stairs to get to your room! the staff were very friendly and helpful. Its location is quite central in Miraflores (everything is in walkable distance).
The rooms itself are quite spacious and nice with bathroom. after reading a previous review about cleanliness we were quite worried, but the rooms were spotless. The only downsides are that the lighting in the rooms are quite poor and in the evenings, the rooms are extremely cold (we stayed end July!). We had to sleep in our sleeping bags as we had them handy. Had to call down to ask why we didnt have hot water (they have to turn it on). Breakfast was nice.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

I stayed at Hotel Castellana two nights in early July, and I enjoyed it. I thought the rooms and bathrooms were clean and that the staff was accomodating and set up wake-up calls and a tour for us. I am extremely surprised to hear reviews about the noise because I thought it was really quiet, but maybe that is because I was on the third floor facing the courtyard. I agree with other posters that the rooms are very dark. I didn't leave feeling like it was the best place I had ever stayed it, but I was very comfortable, slept well, and given proper service.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
New Jersey, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

I was quite satisfied with my stay at Hotel La Castellana in Miraflores. I stayed here for two nights (weekend). I was not part of a tour, but had been booked there by a local travel agent.

I was given a room on the top floor, away from the street. There is no elevator so the room was three flights of stairs. I had little luggage, so it was fine with me and it kept the noise to a minimum. The room had no air conditioning, but a ceiling fan that worked fine in June. The ceiling fan was not the kind common in the US, but was an oscillating fan mounted on the ceiling.

The wifi was free and worked very well. The shower had plenty of hot water - the pressure was just OK.

The location is just off Calle Schell, a few short blocks to Larco, one of the main streets in Miraflores. Since it is a few blocks away from Larco, the street sounds are minimized. You can still hear the sound of car alarms sometimes, but it is bearable.

The hotel itself looks nice - there is a comfortable inner courtyard. My room faced away from the courtyard and had no view at all. I arrived early and was given an early check-in for no additional cost. Breakfast was juice, yogurt, rolls, and eggs to order (scrambled with ham or fried).

There is a construction project across the street (June, 2010), but I heard nothing from it. You might keep it in mind and ask for a room near the back.

Overall, I found La Castellana to be good value for the price. I booked through InkaNatura Travel and got a package that included airport transfers for what I considered a good price.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Oxford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

Travelling as part of a tour group and having read previous reviews I didn't hold out much hope for this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised. We arrived late but found the staff welcoming. The decor was pleasant, the room was clean and though the lighting wasn't too bright it was light enough to be able to see clearly. Certainly no need for head torches as previous reviews have suggested. The reception were able to help with requests and responded promptly. The breakfast was basic but satisfactory, consisting of bread, yoghurt and jams with coffee and juice. I was only there for one night but would definitely stay there again if I was staying in Lima. Located in the Miraflores district it was close to local amenities and about 20 minutes walk to the sea front and shopping centre.

• Stayed May 2010
Udaipur,India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

THIS WAS A FOLLOW UP VISIT, AND I WAS TOLD BY COMMERCE ATTACHE AT INDIAN EMBASSY, TO TRY OUT THIS PLACE and I had to profusely thanks him in putting me up in a htoel which was more like a home, in fact, it appeared thatone time home was turned into comercial hotel. Food was lovely and also the service.
I was told that this is not very popular and doesn't have full occupancy all round the year and the owner /manager is content with less crowd and he is so sure that one who has come ,he/she would come again and again and it looked like that he would love to have such permanent customers rather than getting new faces. And here he and his staff try to understand guests very well during first vist and they have a habit of noting down preferences of guests, be it wine ,food or even miscllaneous items , sothat next when you are there ,you don't have to redo[settling] and immediately settle down to get ahead witht he job. on the whole, it was home away fromhome --an oft repeated phrase but this alone describes this abode.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business

Been to Hotel La Castellana? Share your experiences!