“Great Hotel, reasonably priced” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Garden Hotel

You added Garden Hotel to your Saves list
Garden Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Rivera Navarrete 450 | San Isidro, Lima LIMA 27, Peru   |
Ranked #104 of 202 Hotels in Lima
astoltenberg
“Great Hotel, reasonably priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2008

I stayed at the Garden in January while I visited my girlfriend who lives in Monterrico Sur in Surco. It is located in San Isidro, the financial district. There is a dunken donuts on the same block, several banks and a few Casas de cambio - where I went to exchange my dollars to soles. Also, within walking distance is the Saga Falabella centro comercial which has at least one big department store, a food court, and a large grocery store (Tottus).

The area seemed very safe at all times. During the week it is busy with business men and women and at night it is calm. Not many people around, but well lit. There was always someone at the front door to let us in the hotel, even one Saturday night when I came in at 3am. They never asked for a room key so anyone could have walked in, but what hotel asks to see a key before letting you in?

The Garden is 10-20 minutes to Surco, Miraflores and Central Lima. I´d guess its a good 30-45 minutes from the airport, but I never went directly to/from the airport. I always went to/from Surco. We took cabs just about everywhere. I read before I left that you should only take secure taxis that you have to call. We never took one, but I was with a local for every cab ride. In either case I'm sure the hotel staff would call you a taxi if you ask them to. There was always someone at the front desk, and all of them spoke english.

Now for the inside of the hotel. My room was a Junior, I believe the smallest they offer. It was very nice. Very large bed, but a little hard. The bathroom was nice. There was hot water, soap, travel sized Kleenex and shampoo. In the bathroom the outlets were marked 110 volt and 220 volt. The other outlets were all 220. There was no dresser, but a full sized closet. The mini fridge was stocked with water, coke, orange juice, and mini alcohol bottles. I drank the bottled water, but they didn't restock it when they made up the rooms. I'm sure they would have had I asked, but I just bought some from the Tottus down the street. The lockbox was free and just required a phone call to the front desk to get the key.

I had free breakfast every morning at the hotel. It consisted of eggs, coffee, cereal, milk, fresh fruit, bread, muffins, and fresh juice. It was very good.

I recommend the Garden Hotel for all travelers. It is fairly centrally located. It was only $65/night. It has good service, and clean, comfy rooms. I was pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)

Been to Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Garden Hotel

Address: Av. Rivera Navarrete 450 | San Isidro, Lima LIMA 27, Peru
Location: Peru > Lima Region > Lima
Ranked #104 of 202 Hotels in Lima
Hotel Class:3 star — Garden Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Garden Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Garden Hotel Lima

If you own or manage Garden Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.