“Very good place to stay at Lima” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Pardo y Aliaga 300, Lima, Peru   |
Ranked #32 of 207 Hotels in Lima
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Very good place to stay at Lima”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The hotel is very nice, clean and the location is also very comfortable. The breakfast is good, employees are helpful, car services are also good and always there to take you. The rooms are very spacius and comfortable. Very well mantained.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms NOT facing the street because it can be very hectic.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Lima, Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Stayed here for one night only...since I was moving from one apartment to another within Lima but needed to go to my home country first (Venezuela). Booked via bookings.com and got a special price of 85 bucks + 10% tax. To be honest I was not expecting much for the price, even do I used to live nearby the hotel, and had seen it from the outside and looked very nice. But I was more than suprised to find a very modern, stylish and brand new hotel. The staff was very friendly, parking was free, and they had excellent bar, restaurant and 24 hr. room service. They even offered me a welcome drink at the bar (a very well prepared pisco sour), and the food ordered at 1 am was very good. Also the breakfast buffet offered (at no extra cost) had plenty of options and all tasty and with good quality. I really recommend this hotel, for the location, price (even without the discount) installations, rooms and service!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

what's good
the rooms
service - I need to mention the guy's name here...I think Mauricio
restaurant - the most amazing food in the whole of south America

what annoyed me
I paid for 8 water bottles and used only 7 & they tried to charge me for the 8th bottle again saying it was not complimentary;
the hotel replaces 2 bottles everyday which are payable and I explained that the bottles were not replaced on the last day and I don't owe the hotel; they couldn't understand English and what I was trying to communicate and wouldn't budge

this ruined all the hard yards the guys had put during the whole week...why on earth would one try to con the hotel for a bottle of water, i'm not sure...and they didn't get it...

would I go back - I probably would...
would I recommend this place - yes

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I spent two weeks in South America on business and this was my first time to LIma. My colleagues recommended the NM Hotel and I was pleased.

I am picky about hotels and this one reminded me of the W Hotel. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable. It is also reasonably priced.

The only issue was the loud noises outside my room (sounded like the garbage truck at 1:00AM) but I was so tired from my travels, it didn't quite matter. If you want more peace and quiet, request a quieter room on the back side of the property. (Lima is a loud city).

Breakfast is included and was great. Enjoy!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Miami, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I travel regularly to Lima; have stayed in several hotels from the top to the not-so top. I decided on the NM precisely because of the TripAdvisor reviews which in general were good. The hotel is in a good location but keep in mind that the hotel sits in a high traffic area, the windows are just basic ones; therefore the noise of the street will definitely wake you up. Furthermore, if your room happens to be facing the entrance of the hotel, you will hear the conversation of the taxi drivers (waiting to be hired) the whole time.

Be aware that some of the rooms are very small; they also have regular size rooms and then the junior suites. Definitely, if you are planning to stay for a while, do not stay in the tiny rooms. Some of the rooms have the air conditioning facing directly to the bed. Lima is humid, if you do not run the A/C constantly your clothing will be damp. WiFi is hit and miss; the design of the hotel with heavy walls makes it difficult for the signal to reach your devices; but even in the lobby the signal is week.

Breakfast is basic; like any business hotel. If you stay for a while it will get repetitive and boring.

The design of the lobby is ultra-modern; then the whole changes when you see the room decor, basic at best.

Beds are hard but very comfortable. Shower pressure is very good. Amenities are just OK.. Lighting in the room [for work] is poor. Rooms are carpeted; in a humid location like Lima, it would have been better wood or laminate...

Front desk is attentive and they do try hard.

I agree with the last reviewer; if you can afford it, stay at the Westin. If you can put up with the street noise and want a more basic hotel in a good location, stay at this one.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Bogota, Colombia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I decided on this hotel over the Westin, based on location and reviews on Booking........boy was I sorry! NM is a modern, relatively new hotel, with what seem to be new employees learning their jobs. We booked a junior suite which was spacious and comfortable, although we had serious allergy problems as the room felt musty. Very comfortable beds, though. Location was very nice, but there are other good hotels in the area. Breakfast was very standard okay, with several major issues almost everyday. Service poor and inefficient in what seemed to be a meeting room turned into restaurant for the breakfast hours. An example of breakfast day 2: 10 minute wait for coffee, then the coffee arrives and there is a 10 minute wait for milk, then the milk arrives and there are no coffee cups.......This should be the easiest and most basic thing to have for breakfast at any hotel!! Unbelievable! Good room service and good front desk service. However.......Would I stay there again? No.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I decided to stay in this hotel , purely based on the reviews of this hotel on Trip Advisor. And I must say, I was mighty pleased with my decision. I stayed in 'Junior Suite' and review is for Junior Suite.

The positives :-

1. Brand new property. Sparkling clean rooms and bathroom.

2. Excellent service by the hotel staff. Good manners personified!

3. A good location. Close to ( with 100 meter) to three or four very good restaurants, including 'Osaka'.

4. The bathroom was amazing. Really big. Smelling very good and looking exceptionally clean, like brand new. It had a Jacuzzi, a shower, two wash basins and fantastically large mirror. It also had a magnifying glass mirror for shaving. Lots of towels. Lots of soaps, shampoos, hand wash etc.

5. The breakfast included in my room price, was very good. Lots of fruits, like 8-9 different kind of fruits. Lot of variety in other breakfast stuff like French toast, eggs, sandwiches etc etc. The staff wearing plastic gloves. A manager overseeing everything. No one pushing you for your 'room no'!! ( i find it very irritating in other hotels).

6. The room had a fantastic air-conditioner combination heater. Very easy to operate, no sound at all and maintaining temperature as desired.

7. The hotel also has its own bar and restaurant, though I did not partake.

8. Zero Noise. This is a big luxury in Lima to stay in a room or a apartment free from noise of the road. This was partly because the hotel is in San Isidro and not Miraflores. But I really appreciated a noise free sleep.

However the property was not perfect and hence 4 stars. Here are the negatives

1. The junior suite is advertised in the website as having a veranda to sit out side your room. I found that only 4 junior suites have veranda. I was given a suite without a veranda. The management informed me that the suite with veranda was not available. They also said that presently all verandas have been shut down due to repairs. My grudge, why advertise incorrectly to your guests? Its like selling something, what you do not have!

2. Their were was a small 200 ml water bottle in the bathroom. It did say, that it will be charged. I consumed it and I was indeed charged 2 us$. My objection. why cant the hotel offer at least one bottle complimentary for the guest just arriving after a long flight. It will not cost the hotel anything and it will win them plus points with the guest.

3. They have a stocked up bar in the room. Heavily priced. I did not use it. At time of checking out I told them the reality - that I have just consumed their 200 ml water bottle. However, they did not believe me and sent a team to determine what all I have consumed in the bar. I find room bars very strange. It kind of, inevitably creates a debate between the guest and the hotel staff at time of checking out. Its best if they just offered the products in the bar via room service rather than keeping it on display and awaiting someone to use it and then charged the over priced prices on it.

4. The room had no view! . I was on the 4th floor. Building has 8 floors.

5. The TV was Sony LCD. Looked a bit of a mismatch in its size, color, quality of picture as compared to the quality of the room and other accessories.

Overall a great place to stay. I am probably going to stay many times in this property in the future. The negatives are too small to ignore this property. Highly Recommended!

Room Tip: Take a Junior Suite if you can afford it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to NM Lima Hotel? Share your experiences!