“American quality for the american price” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast & Wi-Fi Package
Ranked #26 of 207 Hotels in Lima
Certificate of Excellence 2014
South Pole
“American quality for the american price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Expensive. Everything. Quality you would expect for the price and matches US hotel. Prices are "american style", i.e. they will slap 28% (18% local tax + 10% service charge) on top of everything. They even list prices in USD (and sometimes mention S/.). Buffet in the evening not worth the price even if they advertise it because of the show (starts 9pm everyday). You better get a seat at the bar (2nd floor) and enjoy the show (very good) and later go and eat at the restaurant. Pisco sour is most expensive we've seen on our trip (14 S/. + 28% tax of course), but they give you complementary drink and a cookie (?!) when checking-in. Rooms are very clean (as you would expect), beds very comfortable (as you would expect). Service is great. Breakfast is very good (if not included will set you back about $15 pp, yes USD). Location is so so. Close to Miraflores circle (and souvenir markets), but far from the ocean and Larcomar (nothing special). Take a collectivo to the center, 20 times cheaper than taxi (~1.5 S/.) and what an experience!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
dbauertrip, Director General at El Pardo DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2012
Dear Sir

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on our Hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to greet you again in a near future.

Kind regards
Dietrich Bauer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Turkish first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Nice and clean hotel, good location and service.
The breakfast was what you'd expect of a high class hotel. Comfortable bed, not too loud but effective airconditioning. Small safety deposit box but on the plus side, it is with code, not a key.
The view from the gym was nice, the view from the room was not very nice though. The pool in the gym is not big enough for swimming.
The rooms are equipped with iPod-compatible radios, a very nice feature I think.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Dear Tripadvisor User

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences during your last stay with us. We are glad that you have enjoyed your time with us and specially that you enjoyed our in room amenities.

We hope to see you soon again in Lima and in El Pardo Doubletree by Hilton.

All the best
Amesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

Stayed here March 18th , 3 nights whilst on business in Lima for the first time.

Everything was excellent and I cannot fault this hotel on anything, the breakfast buffet was superb and my room was spotless and very comfortable.

Reception staff are very friendly and efficient as are the lobby staff, Ruben the concierge is a top bloke !

I will be in Lima 2 or 3 times per year and this hotel will be my first choice.

Room Tip: I was on the 10th floor and it was great.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Tripadvisor User

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences during your last stay with us.

We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we will be waiting for you during your next trip to Lima with one of our our famous Chocolate Chip Cookies.

All the best
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Stayed for three nights. Very very spacious room on the 6th floor. Service was very good and concierge could not have been more helpful. Very good breakfasts, plenty of choice. Location was very good. Would certainly stay here again. Wi Fi was free. Welcome cocktail was a nice touch. All the staff spoke very good English.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
dbauertrip, Director General at El Pardo DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Dear Tripadvisor User

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comment with everybody else in Tripadvisor.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked our rooms as well as the service we provide.

We really hope to see you soon again in Lima and in El Pardo Doubletree by Hilton .

Shoreview, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

I have been to Lima a number of times and have always stayed here. I am a Hilton Honors Gold member and stay in Hiltons a lot each year (preferred brand). I would say that this hotel has a lot of plusses but a few minuses that bring the scores down.

Pros: Friendly service, nice bartenders, breakfast is wonderful and the hostess even remembers your first name and greets you each morning. The complimentary Pisco Sour is unique and appreciated. The location is ideal with lots of access to many parts of the city including touristy shopping and a little further to the 'mercado' for some authentic flavors of the country. The rooms are spacious with a nice touch of a welcome from the manager and some little pastry-like sweets upon your arrival.

Cons: BUGS. The tasty treat that the manager had left for my welcome was covered in ants by the time I arrived to my room. I also had ants in my suitcase the next morning (presumably I had food in there at one point?) There were also a number of cockroaches making appearances throughout my stay. My room had a sauna in it (only one other time did I have this in my room) which was a bonus, except there was a musty smell in the room. The curtains were old and the darkening shade was either stained or had mildew on it. The rooms were cleaned average (good for Peru, but lousy when considering the price paid) and the general condition of the rooms are "tired". Not what one would expect given the relatively high prices. I will say that if there is availability, the upper floors tend to have rooms in better condition and there is also an executive lounge available, although I rarely use it given the quality of the breakfast offered downstairs.

On my last trip, we visited a number of hotels in the area to compare meeting rooms for an upcoming conference. When I was offered a tour of the Business Tower, I was impressed that for a slightly lower price, the accommodations were basically new, modern and not "tired". I really like the location of the Doubletree more, but for the price- I will likely ignore my Gold status and try a different place or two. I believe there are other comparable rooms for a lot less price.

Room Tip: It seems the higher up you are, the better off you are in terms of room quality.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Tripadvisor User

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and share your experiences during your last stay with us. We are very pleased to know that you liked our Hotel and that you expressed the strong points you have noticed during your stay.

Regarding to the challenges you have experienced during your stay you can rest assure that I will personally take care to bring this to the attention of our staff and that we will take the corrective measures to ensure that this will not happen again. As you can see in other reviews one of our strong points is the customer service and therefore we regret that you have not had this impression.

You can always contact me directly to my e-mail address dietrich.bauer@hiton.com if you would like to share in more detail your experiences.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

I like to receive great value, paying less. This is tough to get (I know) but believe me the $150 per night at this Hilton chain hotel are worth. For me was included the WiFi in the room and hot breakfast buffet. You get a free welcome cocktail, please try the mojito. At night (Thursday, Friday and Saturday) they have a local group dance and play instruments while you enjoy the buffet. I saw the popular scissor's dance, very nice. I travel for business to Lima 2 times per year and generally stay here. Be sure to request the remodeled rooms! Great centered location in safe zone of the city near restaurants. While in Lima go to Francesco's restaurant. Go for lunch, so you can see the ocean afar. Very cost-effective with good food and no pretentions. Try the "capaccio trio" my favorite starter to share.

• Stayed April 2011
dbauertrip, Director General at El Pardo DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Dear Sir

Kind regards
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

I stayed 2 nights in February 2012, on a business trip, and found the location pretty convenient and friendly staff and very efficient concierge.
You should probably ask for a high floor room. For leisure, I'd probably prefer a hotel by the sea.
I didn't check the pool.
I guess the price was fair

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
dbauertrip, Director General at El Pardo DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Dear Tripadvisor User

We really hope to see you soon again in Lima and in the Hotel El Pardo Doubletree by Hilton.

Dietrich Bauer

Been to El Pardo DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel? Share your experiences!