“Love this hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Hotel Lima

Save Saved
You added JW Marriott Hotel Lima to your Saves list
JW Marriott Hotel Lima
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Malecon De La Reserva 615 | Miraflores, Lima, Peru (Miraflores)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 196 hotels in Lima
Epsom, United Kingdom
“Love this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I love this hotel. Impeccable service, perfect location and the beds are so comfortable. It's my hotel of choice when I come to Lima. The breakfast buffet is one of the best I've ever had and the gym is very well equipped with helpful staff and ocean views. The spa is one of the best I've been to and a relaxing massage after a long haul flight is the perfect pick-me-up. I can't recommend the Marriott Lima highly enough.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Walter R, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Lima, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Caroline

Thank you very much for sharing with us your perception about the hotel’s service, food, and its location. We are really glad to know we have exceeded your expectative, regarding the massage provided at the Health Club.

It will be a great pleasure for us to serve you a gain in a not very distance future.

Waldin Duran
Guest Relations

1,038 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Korean first
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Beautiful hotel in an excellent location. Spectacular views, and one of the nicest Club Lounges of any Marriott I've seen. Service was mostly friendly though not always efficient. The issue that left a very bad taste in my mouth was their deceptive billing practices. I had booked the rooms on the Marriott.com website at a rate of $158 a night, plus tax and service. When I went to check out (after waiting in a 20 minute line), they converted the charges into local currency at an outrageous conversion rate; more than 15% less favorable than the bank rate. I asked them to put the credit acrd charge through in USD, since the rate was quoted in USD, but they refused. I then offered to pay cash, in USD, but in order for them to accept cash, they wanted to convert the charges from USD to Sol, then convert from Sol back to USD, hiking the rate by almost 30%! In the end they went ahead and charged my credit acrd in Sol at their outrageous conversion rate, tacking on almost 15% to the quoted cost. They weren't even apologetic about it, simply stating "That;s how we do it here; it is hotel policy." I've traveled extensively (over 100 countries on all 7 continents) so I am used to paying for hotels in local currency, but at other properties the conversion rate to USD has always been done by my credit card company at commercial rates, not inflated hotel rates. Very disappointing end to an otherwise great stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

We really appreciate you have taken the time to extend us your positive and constructive views about our service; your perception is an invaluable tool for our continuous improvement.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience you might have experienced regarding the hotel exchange rate.

We regret your stay had ended this way and we hope to redeem this situation giving us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Thank you very much again for sharing with us your concerning and suggestions

Waldin Duran
Guest Relations
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

This hotel is super great. Their hospitality rocks. When I go there, they don't know what else to do for me. The hotel staff in general are super nice and courteous, extremely courteous. They are always willing to help and over exceed the request from their guests. The food is amazing in all their restaurants and room service. The gym is hip, great and the spa staff amazing too. The casino is great and for been small they still rock in their style. And the location is amazing too. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone in need to have a great time in Lima, Peru.

Room Tip: I think all their rooms are amazing and no area is bad, in my opinion.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Lima, Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed at Lima Marriott Hotel to celebrate the New Year 2014, I stayed the New Year Eve, I was been treated as a queen , I had the chance to proof again the highest quality of service that they provide worldwide and moreover at its location of Lima Peru, which is in front of the pacific ocean, I got a lovely room for me and my mom with a lovely view of the whole ocean, the room was nice with a lovely decoration of Lima's painting , its furniture, pillows, robes, bathroom, coffee maker, etc, By the way I recommend you instead of drink Evians ask for Voz one which is a norwegian water it tastes better than evians, both are excellent.
Lima Marriott Facilites has top rank of standards of quality , ISO 9000, ECO Green saving on energy as well as if you like to been reclyed your towels you can do it.
the whole personal of that hotel made us me and mom have a special moment to receive our New Year 2014,, what other better way to receive it than do it at the Lima Marriott hotel, well if you have the chance too, try and visit Marriott Hotel in Cusco , outstanding too.

Room Tip: If you could , ask for a room in the upper floor in that way you can get an excellent view of the pa...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I had a wonderful time at this hotel - the location and the views can't be beat, the price was reasonable for the level of service and amenities, and the staff were warm and inviting. If I ever go back to Lima, I wouldn't hesitate in staying here again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a total of 3 nights. Two nights initially and then one night on our return from Cusco. Hotel is located in the beautiful miraflores area of Lima. The Pacific ocean views are breathtaking. First time we had a standard room on the executive lounge floor. The lounge was stacked with good food and snacks throughout the day. The next stay we got upgraded to a beautiful corner suite on the executive floor. The views of the ocean from both the standard room and corner suite were spectacular. Staff is courteous and breakfast is O.K., most of the selections had a ton of pork and if you are not big into meat the options at the breakfast buffet are extremely limited. The fruit was decent and so were the breads. The Lima sight seeing bus leaves right accross from the hotel and the Larcomar shopping center is right accross with a variety of dining options. I would recommend this hotel if this is your first time in Lima, it gets you into the vacation mood.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel at the end of a trip through Peru and Bolivia. As with most of my experiences with international Marriott hotels, the service and facilities were excellent. Everyone that we dealt with was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is located across from the Larcomar mall which has many shopping and dining opportunities with easy access to the Malecon (esplanade) that runs along the ocean. We had access to the executive lounge which serves breakfast, light lunch, wine and cheese, and a light dinner. You could eat there exclusively. I wouldn't stay at this airport for if you are just connecting overnight in Lima as it is far from the airport, but if you are staying in Lima for a few days, you can't beat this hotel or this location.

Room Tip: The rooms at the end of the halls (for example rooms ending in 14) are large with huge windows overl...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Lima? Share your experiences!